My FTB server won't let me make a chunk loader.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Indalor1

Jul 29, 2019
Well as this is my first server and I am pretty much a newb on adminning one I figured that might be my problem but basically...

When I went to make a chunk loader it shows up as craftable but won't pick up out of the project table or crafting table. Is there some sort of setting I need to change in the server settings?

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Well as this is my first server and I am pretty much a newb on adminning one I figured that might be my problem but basically...

When I went to make a chunk loader it shows up as craftable but won't pick up out of the project table or crafting table. Is there some sort of setting I need to change in the server settings?

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but the only time I have experienced the above behavior, is when my configs did not match the server configs. Have you made any changes to your client or server configs?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Is that what happens when it's a banned item? Though, I use the default server the FTB launcher gets for me on Ultimate - so it wasn't set up with anything banned.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... By default, in Ultimate and DW20 (unsure about MindCrack), chunkloaders are enabled, so you should be able to craft them. The first thing I would try is to copy the server configs over the client configs and see if that fixes the problem. Although, if you haven't you may want to try Landswimmer's solution before you start copying configs.

EDIT: Just noticed your response, did you close/restart your client before logging into the server?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Troubleshooting steps:
  1. Can you spawn in one as an OP via NEI? If not, then you probably need to reinstall the mod.
  2. Are you sure that the mod doesn't have a bug right now? Sometimes they do! For example, there were two whole FTB DW20 releases where portal guns were uncraftable!
  3. Look at your server (or client, in this case) logs for the word "conflict." Often you'll find that a conflict is at the root of the problem here. The way to fix it is to re-assign the offending item ids.
This should be an easy fix; it's a very common problem when you first start tweaking with mods in a modpack.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Indalor1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok fixed it. LoL I'm a dumbass is all. I had removed Chickenchunks because it was causing "leaking worlds in memory" and deleting it solved that problem. I'm a dumbass because I didn't realize that was the mod that allows the chunk loaders. /sigh like I said... I'm a newb at this.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Troubleshooting steps:
  1. Can you spawn in one as an OP via NEI? If not, then you probably need to reinstall the mod.
  2. Are you sure that the mod doesn't have a bug right now? Sometimes they do! For example, there were two whole FTB DW20 releases where portal guns were uncraftable!
  3. Look at your server (or client, in this case) logs for the word "conflict." Often you'll find that a conflict is at the root of the problem here. The way to fix it is to re-assign the offending item ids.
This should be an easy fix; it's a very common problem when you first start tweaking with mods in a modpack.

Look here, don't bring your itemized steps, numbered lists, or systematic processes, to this thread. We like to do things the hard way around here! :p

In all seriousness though, that checklist is what I should have posted instead of just jumping to a solution that, may, or may not work...

kheeler

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure ChickenChunks is causing the "leaking worlds in memory", as much as it is detecting and reporting the problem of other mods retaining references to worlds in an improper way.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Ok fixed it. LoL I'm a dumbass is all. I had removed Chickenchunks because it was causing "leaking worlds in memory" and deleting it solved that problem. I'm a dumbass because I didn't realize that was the mod that allows the chunk loaders. /sigh like I said... I'm a newb at this.
use world anchors instead then :)