Problem My friend got a new computer now we can't play LAN.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

SkooArtz

So my friend made a new world on MindCrack and opened to plan, it have worked before on his old computer, well (Laptop), it worked perfectly fine when I joined him to his LAN world, but now when he got his new computer, whenever I try to connect, it just says "Connecting to the server..." and then after some time, like 30 seconds later, it just says "Connection timed out: connect" and we can't play, please help!

Death_Rictus

Jul 29, 2019
Connecting to someone else is usually allowed by your firewall. Others connecting to you is not unless approved, typically.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Whether he connected to your network is not the question, the question is: Who is hosting the game?
"Hosting the game" means: Running the server side software of the game.
If your friend is hosting the game, then your minecraft instance needs to connect to his minecraft instance through the network.
To allow for this to happen, your friend needs to configure his firewall to allow your computer to connect to his minecraft software.

(and also, you need to configure your own firewall to allow your minecraft software outgoing connections, but that is probably the case already)

S

SkooArtz

Whether he connected to your network is not the question, the question is: Who is hosting the game?
"Hosting the game" means: Running the server side software of the game.
If your friend is hosting the game, then your minecraft instance needs to connect to his minecraft instance through the network.
To allow for this to happen, your friend needs to configure his firewall to allow your computer to connect to his minecraft software.

(and also, you need to configure your own firewall to allow your minecraft software outgoing connections, but that is probably the case already)
He is hosting the game, so we both have to turn off firewall?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
You could also try to connect via his LAN IP.
I've had an instance with a friend of mine in which connecting via the auto-detected lan game button didn't work, but connecting via his LAN IP did.

Google is your friend. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

S

SkooArtz

You could also try to connect via his LAN IP.
I've had an instance with a friend of mine in which connecting via the auto-detected lan game button didn't work, but connecting via his LAN IP did.

Google is your friend. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk
When he opens to LAN, it does not just pop up 5 numbers, it do show his IP then 5 numbers, and that have worked every time before, and when I try connecting now, it won't work, and when I connect, I type the whole thing that shows in his chat, for example, "192.168.#.#:12345"