My friend cant connect to my server!!!

Oyeahoyeah880

Jul 29, 2019
On Win 8,I'm hosting a server,but my friends cant connect to it with any IP i found.I made/did port forwarded,but still not work on 1.1.0.I cant do anything,please HELP ME!!!

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
On Win 8,I'm hosting a server,but my friends cant connect to it with any IP i found.I made/did port forwarded,but still not work on 1.1.0.I cant do anything,please HELP ME!!!

• Use http://portforward.com/ to check if port is open, if not reopen it.
  • turn down firewall settings to allow connections?
  • use hamachi, easiest way to open a lan server which people from other countries and what not to connect your server on your pc

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it's not open. You need to configure your router to allow traffic through port 25565 to your local IP.

Zerosk83

Jul 29, 2019
What IP are you giving your friends to connect? If it begins with 198. or 10.0 or 172. then that isn't a public IP address. Go to www.google.com and type in "Whats my IP" and it will tell you what your IP is. Give that to your friends, and as long as you have have DHCP reservation for your computer setup on your router as well as port forwarding it should work fine. When you connect to your router each day, it assigns you a new "local" IP address, which means it changes regularly unless you use DHCP reservation to save a specific "local" IP to your computers MAC address. That means that it is port forwarding the people trying to connect, but it's forwarding them to an address that no one on your network is using. You have to tell your router to specifically save that address for your computer only, and to assign it to you every time you connect. Once that is done, you can port forward port #25565 to that "local" address that you reserved. Once that is done, give your friends the IP you got from google and everything should be working perfect.

Oyeahoyeah880

Jul 29, 2019
The IP:89.134.137.245.,but i gave all ip to them,two were started with 192.168.1.,and didnt worked.And what is "DHCP"?

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
1st:Did,no change
2nd:Already did
3rd:Didn't work too....

Hamachi does work... Create a network, let the others join said network. Run server.exe > you connect through "LocalHost" and your friends connect through the IPv4 given out by Hamachi.

Zerosk83

Jul 29, 2019
The IP:89.134.137.245.,but i gave all ip to them,two were started with 192.168.1.,and didnt worked.And what is "DHCP"?
If what I'm saying is confusing or you just plain don't know what I'm talking about then yeah try Hamachi. It's easier and will just solve most of the issues for you.