My Creative Build Showcase Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Updated 23/05

Meow.

This is my thread for my modded creative builds. I will post all pictures in spoilers containing each significant build. There are plenty of builds in vanilla but seemingly very few FTB/Modded builds which is why I wanted to post some, while also hopefully giving people some inspiration to build exciting things.

I hope to update this thread regularly with new and exciting builds for you all to see, so stay tuned.

Modern House #1:
View the album on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/vqrre

Modern House #2:
View the album on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/enTBt

Will post my Modern A Frame #1 next.. A Frame did not meet the standards I had set for it, I will try to get one out soon.

HEY YOU! YEAH YOU; READ THIS TEXT!!
Next build will either be a void world build (something snazzy to make it seem a little less floating island-y) OR a factory build with more of a technical side to it (machines and whatnot) please leave a comment letting me know which you would like to see!

Last edited:

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice, love the glass table :)

Just a suggestion, if you aren't going to be including pictures directly in the thread, there is no reason to put a single link inside a spoiler tag...it takes up more space than just posting the link would.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Very nice, love the glass table :)

Just a suggestion, if you aren't going to be including pictures directly in the thread, there is no reason to put a single link inside a spoiler tag...it takes up more space than just posting the link would.
I was going to include the images in the thread but later decided to do it via imgur so I could leave the description for pictures on there. Didn't want people to load the images just to have to load them again on imgur, hogging bandwidth. Fixed it now

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I do like overall richness of design elements and of course most important thing: "details". Texturepack is fitting this build extremely well. Nice use of PR lamps together with night scene is doing its job nicely :p .
4 small suggestions:
More electronic furniture (TV-Nuclear control industrial panels, etc...)
Slopes for some even more beautiful exterior designs
Not overdoing everything with microblocks (you are doing great, just saying it can end up badly)
Second floor(bedroom) flooring doesnt not fit very well (looks to me like outside-type material)

What does "Modern A Frame" mean? Sorry, English is not my native language, and i have no idea what does this phrase mean
Looking forward to your other builds.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
What does "Modern A Frame" mean? Sorry, English is not my native language, and i have no idea what does this phrase mean
Looking forward to your other builds.

I'm going to guess he is talking about a house building style. An "A Frame" is something like this:

a-frame-house15.jpg

Reactions: masterzh

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
1. I plan on using some more electric blocks/items in the builds themselves, just takes time getting used to building with all these new modded blocks.
2. I'm not using carpenters blocks in my current modpack and I really do not have any real intention to add it. Slopes seem too out of place for me and building with them would be a nightmare to get things looking balanced.
3. I will try not to let it end badly ;) I'm pushing the boundaries a little in one of my next builds though, it looks nice so far.
4. I have seen a few houses IRL that have a stony floor, although none of those were in the bedroom. TBH I just wanted to use a different flooring and that quarried cobblestone looked nice.

Staxed is indeed correct with what he believed to be an A-frame house. It is essentially an A shaped house, although mine looks a little different.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Updated: Added Modern House #2, Read the updated info on the forum post for some info. Also sorry for the lackluster furnishing, wanted more of an architectural build with this one.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Updated 23/05
HEY YOU! YEAH YOU; READ THIS TEXT!!

Next build will either be a void world build (something snazzy to make it seem a little less floating island-y) OR a factory build with more of a technical side to it (machines and whatnot) please leave a comment letting me know which you would like to see!
+1 for factory
(i would like to ask if you can rename your thread to something else as such "general" name can lead to some misunderstanding, if you only want this to be your builds)

Last edited:

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Progress report! Here's a couple of pictures of the Factory's structure so far. I plan on adding conveyors for incoming ores to get processed as well as decorative crushing machines. Inside is going to be a massive pain as I'm completely unsure as to how I should build it. Anyway here's the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/QJzL1 Let me know if you like the colour/shape of the building :)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Progress report! Here's a couple of pictures of the Factory's structure so far. I plan on adding conveyors for incoming ores to get processed as well as decorative crushing machines. Inside is going to be a massive pain as I'm completely unsure as to how I should build it. Anyway here's the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/QJzL1 Let me know if you like the colour/shape of the building :)
I was going to vote factory, but it seems you started already which is cool. All the builds you have shown here are charming. They remind me of buildings such as Farnsworth House or Lovell House. (When I was looking those houses up to make sure I got the names right, I noticed they were both commissioned by Physicians).

Reactions: imthatguyjordan

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to vote factory, but it seems you started already which is cool. All the builds you have shown here are charming. They remind me of buildings such as Farnsworth House or Lovell House. (When I was looking those houses up to make sure I got the names right, I noticed they were both commissioned by Physicians).
Modern buildings tend to look quite similar it seems.

I am probably going to work on the void build as well as the factory though, as I more so wanted to try out the void building (Thinking of either an island held up by chains, the island on Steve's back/shoulders or an enderman holding the island)

Reactions: casilleroatr

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Modern buildings tend to look quite similar it seems.

I am probably going to work on the void build as well as the factory though, as I more so wanted to try out the void building (Thinking of either an island held up by chains, the island on Steve's back/shoulders or an enderman holding the island)
What about an island held up by a wither considering they can fly?

Reactions: Padfoote