Mutli-farm to Biogas problems

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to add multifarms to my sapling apple line up but I've ran into a couple of hiccups that are not quite as easy to overcome as I was hoping.

I have 2 4x4 multi-farm setups, one managed full tree farm, for saplings. and one full orchard for apples(eventually walnuts for seed oil.

So my snags in making this a fully automated system for biogas->Biofuel production is Fertilizer & mulch. I have squeezers sending mulch to my fermenters, but i recently learned that the same is not possible for multi-farms.

I currently have a fabricator-emerald pipe-relay setup to send fertilizer to my farms, but i would like a way to just fully automate this so i no longer have to worry about it. This mulch-fertilizer issue is really perplexing me

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly is the issue? You can only use Fertilizer for the new farms. This is intended by the mod author. You do tend to mine a LOT of it though so a good supply of apatite gives a LOT of fertilizer.

I use steve's cart farms for my biomass and charcoal (because they don't require something I can't 'create' myself) and only use a multifarm for seedoil. It gets filled through my applied energistics storage / crafting system.

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
it was more to try and find suggestions for uses of mulch or ways to automate my fertilizer creation, and other possible uses for mulch, cause I am personally thinking of just void piping any extra as I almost have a full barrel of it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
use mulch in your fermenters if you're making biomass. i dont think it has many other applications. I do believe you can use it as fuel in generators, etc...

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I use mulch for bog earth, because on normal difficulty bucket recipe produces only 4 bog earth and I need dirt for tree farms.

Reactions: RedBoss