Multiple worlds for Forge FTB? :(

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shaverman5000

Jul 29, 2019
I've been searching endlessly for a mod for forge that acts similar to Multiverse. I keep seeing Mystcraft... And I really don't want to go config happy... If I absolutely have to... What do I have to do to make Mystcraft work so that only admins can craft the linking books so that I can use our old bukkit map as a traveling world (Like Multiverse for Bukkit)?

Thanks in advance!

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
You first travel to the desired world using a descriptive book. You can write what kind of world you want using the writing desk. You can also spawn in a notebook to have all of the symbols at the start. After you traveled to the age, you spawn/craft the linking book. The linking book is used to travel to a specific point in the age or let multiple people travel to that age without using the original descriptive book. Check out Direwolf20's mystcraft spotlight for a more in-depth explanation to the mod. (Might be a bit outdated)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
You can then assemble a Mystcraft portal. Build it out of the Crystal blocks, any size you want, slap a Book Receptacle on it somewhere, and plug Linking Book into that.