MultiFarm Problems?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HurpleDorp

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started playing FTB a few weeks ago. I made a multifarm for wheat but every time it places the water, after a few seconds, the multifarm will place dirt over the water source and it will continue to do that. I have a aquetous accumulator underneath the Farm Valve and even tried putting Void Water Capsules in the farm and even though the multifarm uses it, it will just place a dirt block over it. Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• 2013-11-06_20.48.49.png
    2013-11-06_20.48.49.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2013-11-06_20.49.04.png
    2013-11-06_20.49.04.png
    565.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 2013-11-06_20.48.44.png
    2013-11-06_20.48.44.png
    559 KB · Views: 98

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Which modpack and version? That was a known bug in the early days of 1.5, if I recall correctly.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into similar problems when trying to grow wheat in the DW20 pack. It was pulling stupid amounts of water.
Solution was to put a water 'moat' 1 block wide around the outside my farm. After that it worked like a charm.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently on the latest version of Feed The Beast Ultimate.

Yep, then you have that bug. It was around the transition from 1.4 to 1.5. Solution: don't use a "managed" farm, use a "manual" farm instead. It uses the same electron tubes, you just set the soldering iron into a different mode.

On a manual farm, you need to lay down the soil yourself, take care of irrigation yourself, hoe the soil yourself and plant the seeds yourself. However, once that's done and the farm has seeds in its seed inventory, it will harvest any grown wheat and replant it fresh. So after the initial manual setup, it will run forever by itself. And since it never attempts to lay down soil or modify water holes, it cannot run into the bug.

HurpleDorp

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, then you have that bug. It was around the transition from 1.4 to 1.5. Solution: don't use a "managed" farm, use a "manual" farm instead. It uses the same electron tubes, you just set the soldering iron into a different mode.

On a manual farm, you need to lay down the soil yourself, take care of irrigation yourself, hoe the soil yourself and plant the seeds yourself. However, once that's done and the farm has seeds in its seed inventory, it will harvest any grown wheat and replant it fresh. So after the initial manual setup, it will run forever by itself. And since it never attempts to lay down soil or modify water holes, it cannot run into the bug.
Ok, thanks it works, but when will this bug be fixed and does the Forestry Team know about it?

wizkid515

Jul 29, 2019
One would assume that they have know for a long time and that has been patched in a later version. IIRC Ultimate is no longer updated and this bug is most likely fixed in the Unleashed pack

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk now Free

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks it works, but when will this bug be fixed and does the Forestry Team know about it?

Never in that pack. I assume it's been fixed in the 1.5 packs, but your world is a 1.4 world. I'm confused on why you choose an outdated pack if you just started playing a few weeks ago. The FTB Unleashed pack is what you want to be on.

Keep in mind, the FTB Unleashed pack will be obsolete in a couple weeks too. The 1.6 packs are right around the corner. If you haven't invested many hours, I would just stop playing and start over in a few weeks. =/

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Wouldn't using the manual farm fix the issue since it doesn't place dirt?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you are running 1.4.7, I would strongly suggest MFR.

Though the blocks can be upgraded to cover more space, I went with the default range and created multiple modules of that system and repeated them here.

J01bfEL.jpg

LKvwpZj.jpg

UiW6t3L.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1385962851][/DOUBLEPOST](After an hour or so)

Jfjtchh.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1385962922][/DOUBLEPOST](Getting serious)

Lw6UXTx.jpg

Reactions: PierceSG