Multifarm orchard, help!

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Unleashed, I've made a multifarm and used an intricate circuit board to set all 4 sides to Orchard. I placed my own dirt blocks on top of the multifarm stone brick platform and planted and grew several forestry key lime saplings on the dirt. Then I turned on the machine. It has spare key lime saplings and dirt, and it has water, power, and forestry fertilizer. The adult trees have been there several minecraft days and I'm not seeing any power usage or harvesting by the machine. What have I done wrong?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, I'm going to go over some of the basics. Perhaps you've already double checked these, but the easiest mistake to make is the one you've overlooked.

First off, check your power line. Did you accidentally break it somewhere? More than once, I've shut down systems because I was working elsewhere and broke the power conduit without realizing it.

Second, Orchards only draw power and use fertilizer when they harvest fruit. So unless you caught it right when it was working, you wouldn't notice any power draw.

Third, it doesn't need key lime saplings, the trees passively sit there and it collects the fruit as it spawns. Once the trees are grown, there's no further point. For fruit to grow, you need leaf blocks. The point of an Orchard is to collect fruit. If you are wanting them to be chopped down, you need a Managed tree farm.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the testing stages so the power source is actually just a redstone energy cell next to the gearbox. It's full, and I know it's working because it took some out to fill the internal buffer of the farm, but stopped taking it out after that.

I can tell it's not running due to the lack of any produced key limes, and my redstone energy cell not being drained.

I wasn't sure if it needed the saplings or dirt, they were put in as a "just in case", but this is intended to be the fruit-picking kind, I don't want the logs harvested.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Was the circuit board configured as managed or manual? Assuming manual, but have to ask.

Also assuming trees/leaves have matured with lemons, but have to ask.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm in the testing stages so the power source is actually just a redstone energy cell next to the gearbox. It's full, and I know it's working because it took some out to fill the internal buffer of the farm, but stopped taking it out after that.

I can tell it's not running due to the lack of any produced key limes, and my redstone energy cell not being drained.

I wasn't sure if it needed the saplings or dirt, they were put in as a "just in case", but this is intended to be the fruit-picking kind, I don't want the logs harvested.
There are issues with the Orchard and cheated in saplings. You might want to run them through a treealyzer first.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Circuit board is correct. I just found that I can bonemeal the limes to maturity, and the farm is correctly harvesting them. But they don't appear to be maturing without my intervention - not even after 3 real life hours' time.[DOUBLEPOST=1378340440][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are issues with the Orchard and cheated in saplings. You might want to run them through a treealyzer first.
I purchased my initial key lime saplings from a forestry villager, and got the rest from those starters via grafters

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
Use some bonemeal on the leaves (at least 10-16) to ripen the fruit. Wait a few minutes and the fruit should be harvested.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Circuit board is correct. I just found that I can bonemeal the limes to maturity, and the farm is correctly harvesting them. But they don't appear to be maturing without my intervention - not even after 3 real life hours' time.
For initial fruit setup, 3 hours irl time isn't that much. It took my walnut saplings a while to start producing. Give it a little longer. Once the leaves are matured, the harvesting will be quicker.