Multi Server Manager for FTB

longplayer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

i am running to MC FTB Servers on a VPS and i like to Use a Server Manager like Multicraft or MSM...

The Problem is i think you can modifie the Scripts above for FTB but i am planning to run different Bukkit Plugins with the Server but i dont know how to modify the Scripts, the Only thing so far i know is different is the name of the Jar...

Anyone knows a good FTB Server Manager or can help me Customize a existing one?

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
I've used both Multicraft and McMyAdmin along the ways for my server, and they both work fine. In Multicraft, all you have to do is edit /multicraft/jars/[jarfile].jar.conf and choose what settings you want in there to fit your server. There is a place for java options as well. McMyAdmin is a bit more simple, you just rename the jar "FTB-Beta-A.jar" (Assuming you set MCMA to use FTB. It really doesn't matter too much, it's only for automatic updates.) and there is a line in the configuration to add your java options.

If you get either of those and need some help just post back here.

longplayer

Jul 29, 2019
well mcmyadmin sounds alot like phpmyadmin and that makes me not feel to good when i tjink about the daily exploitz for phpmyadmin ^^ Multicraft seems nice but i dont need all the features and would like to keep it simple without sharing plugins and webinterfaces and so on...

for now i use GNU screen:

screen -S screenname
makes a new virtual screen, you can leave the screen with cmd+a then press d

to resume to a screen type
screen -r screenname

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
Both should work fine for you if you start your server like that then. Here is an example MCMA setup:

Code:
################################
# Java
################################
Java.Path=detect
Java.Memory=14848
Java.VM=client
Java.GC=default
Java.useIKVM=False
Java.IKVMpath=
Java.CustomOpts=-XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:parallelGCThreads=32 -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Mr Chris

Jul 29, 2019
McMyAdmin is totally different to phpMyAdmin. I'd recommend using Multicraft for a multi server setup because MCMA only allows one server. Multicraft also allows you to set custom commands and such, for example you can make it so if the server receives the stop command, it converts that into giving everyone a diamond (silly example but sort of demonstrates it). Spacebukkit could also be a fairly good choice, it looks good, is fairly easy for a first time user and reliable. Only problem is it requires MCPC+