Mr. Fusion new 1.8.9 mod [wip]

mengy007

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what kind of reaction I'll get but here we go.

Currently, there is 1 block in this mod. You feed it what ever you want and it turns your trash into RF power. It is also compatible with ProjectE in that it'll convert each items EMC value into RF. Otherwise you will get 1 RF per item. The block is currently very expensive to craft, requiring several diamond, iron and obsidian blocks and a nether star. It has an internal RF buffer of 1 billion and has no output limit.

Curse: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/mr-fusion

I'm planning on adding some more machines and items to the mod in the near future.

Here's what I have planned so far:

Machines

• Obsidian piston (for breaking ore into dust for ore tripling and compressing cobble into bedrock blocks)

• Obsidian oven (very fast furnace, block must be adjacent to at least 1 lava source block to work. As many lava source blocks as you can fit in a 1 block radius will work. More heat = faster smelting)

• Bedrock block (turns into 9 bedrock ingots. Bedrock blocks will also be used in the crafting recipe of the Mr. Fusion machine)
Items

• Bedrock tools (unbreakable)

• Bedrock weapons (unbreakable)

• Bedrock Armor (unbreakable)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Have a word with Reika about bedrock in general, that will help you out in the long run.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Have a word with Reika about bedrock in general, that will help you out in the long run.

Well, we could argue about this. Rotarycraft uses Bedrock Alloy, not "pure" edrock.

Anyway it wouldn't be that bad if he talked with Reika before

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Point is to ensure that it's not as easy to smush a bunch of cobble together.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Point is to ensure that it's not as easy to smush a bunch of cobble together.

I think that's up to each modder to decide on his own. Reika's bedrock is different from other mods; he probably didn't coordinate with RWtema with regards to Bedrockium for instance :)

A smushed-up-cobble bedrock ingot might make perfect sense in this mod.

Reactions: Padfoote

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
If that's the case, why call it bedrock? Hyperdense stone works better without implying it's a means to circumvent balance in other mods.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If that's the case, why call it bedrock? Hyperdense stone works better without implying it's a means to circumvent balance in other mods.

Because in this modder's world, perhaps that's exactly what bedrock is. Mods are islands Leth. They don't accommodate other mods unless they particularly want to.

(You and I will both agree that its best when they do, but that's not the proper framework from which a modder should work)

mengy007

Jul 29, 2019
I was debating if I should name if bedrock block/ingot or another name. The idea is to make it hard to get and you'll need a lot of it to make the tools/weapons/armor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm leaning towards putting the extra blocks / items into another mod.
That's possibly a better idea so long as you don't feel you need them in order to build your new machine (Mr Fusion). If they're 100% reliant, you might as well keep them together.

Question, I know you said you can get 1+ RF/Item, but how much RF/Tick will the machine actually output?

Say I drop in a Wither Star with EMC values enabled and I get a ton of instant RF in the machine: will the machine emit 1 RF/t until its depleted, or everything at once, or what?

mengy007

Jul 29, 2019
That's possibly a better idea so long as you don't feel you need them in order to build your new machine (Mr Fusion). If they're 100% reliant, you might as well keep them together.

Question, I know you said you can get 1+ RF/Item, but how much RF/Tick will the machine actually output?

Say I drop in a Wither Star with EMC values enabled and I get a ton of instant RF in the machine: will the machine emit 1 RF/t until its depleted, or everything at once, or what?
The two mods would be related but not dependent upon each other.

The machine's only built in hard limit of RF/t is its capacity. Right now, it'll output as much RF as requested.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The two mods would be related but not dependent upon each other.

The machine's only built in hard limit of RF/t is its capacity. Right now, it'll output as much RF as requested.
Do you care that people can use the machine to get essentially-free RF if they have any mod that can generate cobble for free? (For instance, extra utilities)

mengy007

Jul 29, 2019
Do you care that people can use the machine to get essentially-free RF if they have any mod that can generate cobble for free? (For instance, extra utilities)
I do care but cobble even using EMC values is still just 1 RF/t. If they can somehow get a full stack of cobble per tick into the machine then that's 64 RF/t. Even with that, it wouldn't be for free since they have to generate the cobble and build the machine which is pretty costly in itself.

I'm trying to balance this mod for end game usage.

Reactions: Lethosos

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I do care but cobble even using EMC values is still just 1 RF/t. If they can somehow get a full stack of cobble per tick into the machine then that's 64 RF/t.

I'm trying to balance this mod for end game usage.
Yep, just thought I'd ask.

Even with that, it wouldn't be for free since they have to generate the cobble and build the machine which is pretty costly in itself.
To be clear, I was inquiring specifically about systems that do produce cobble for free. Extra Utilities can do this.
(Yes you have to make the transfer nodes that do this, but once they're made, they make infinite cobble for free. And 1 divided by infinity is as close to zero...free...as makes no difference)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Because in this modder's world, perhaps that's exactly what bedrock is. Mods are islands Leth. They don't accommodate other mods unless they particularly want to.

(You and I will both agree that its best when they do, but that's not the proper framework from which a modder should work)
Perhaps it would be OK to say:
"If you're planning on making your own mod intended to be a centerpiece to any pack it's in (i.e. Terrafirmacraft, then disregard what other mods do. However, if you intend it for general, non-core use (i.e. QuantumFlux) then for the love of all things modded please at least LOOK at what other people have done."

... Or is that still too restrictive? (Seriously)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
"If you're planning on making your own mod intended to be a centerpiece to any pack it's in (i.e. Terrafirmacraft, then disregard what other mods do. However, if you intend it for general, non-core use (i.e. QuantumFlux) then for the love of all things modded please at least LOOK at what other people have done."

No that's basically perfect

mengy007

Jul 29, 2019

I appreciate all forms of input.