MPS Appearance crash anyone?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get a client crash when they open the modular power suit appearance customizer and click on the helmet ?
(Unleashed 1.1.4)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I did but it happened immediately before I had to leave for work. I'll see if I can recreate the crash tonight, and if so will pastebin it.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah mine is still doing the same thing. Anyone else?
(we should try this in single player)

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested it and same crash in single player, something to do with a rendering screen

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Bleh. This worked fine for me on 1.1.2. I don't remember if it did on 1.1.3... but anyway, maybe I can fire up an old version of the game, figure out which file holds the appearance prefs, alter it and then copy it to my 1.1.4 client.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
For those having problems, did you turn off custom font rendering and vertex/pixel shading in the config? That would be the config in the config folder, not the config in the MachineMuse folder within the config folder.

MPS is sadly quite buggy these days, but a lot of the issues can be fixed by turning off those two settings.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
For those having problems, did you turn off custom font rendering and vertex/pixel shading in the config? That would be the config in the config folder, not the config in the MachineMuse folder within the config folder.
Unfortunately these settings don't have any effect on my problem. Ah well, I'll just go with the default shoddy ironman look :p