Moving main base in a mystcraft void age

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
All,

I have been thinking about moving my overworld base to a mystcraft void age. partially for the fun of making a new base (spaceship theme!). One of the benefits would be the opportunity to recreate the base in a way to generate less lag and I have a few questions on that front.

1. Does the void age provide any benefits with lag due to a lack of blocks?

2. I have a ton of machine blocks in a very small area for my base. I know that this causes a certain amount of lag but do you see any benefit for spreading out the devices over a large number of chunks? (assuming they stay loaded with a chunk loader anyway)

3. At this point the overworld would be largely pointless. It was generated before I had installed a large portion of my mods so I am missing many of the features that would be useful. What would be the easist way to regenerate the overworld?

4. Any other issues others have run into?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
1) It will greatly increase your client's FPS. It will have little to nothing to do with client-server lag.

2) Unlikely. If anything more spread out machines mean more cables, pipes, EU packets, items in pipes and whatnot, which will negatively contribute to both client's and server's performance.

3) Delete the region data in your save folder.

4) Sooner or later you will unexpectedly run out of jetpack and fall off the world with everything you love and hold dear. Good luck.

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
1)

4) Sooner or later you will unexpectedly run out of jetpack and fall off the world with everything you love and hold dear. Good luck.

I am thinking about setup a giant dome and Twilight forest has charms that save inventory on death...I am thinking about investing :).

Anyone else?