Most mods you have ever had installed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
So I am a bit insane when it comes to modding minecraft. So I have slowly expanded my mods that I have in minecraft over the couple months since 1.5.2 came out I didn't want to wait for FTB to be updated and I got carried away. I am currently at 191 mods this includes a couple mods that register as multiple mods e.g. Metallurgy etc. but I was just curious if this is somewhat normal or am I the only person that does this.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Fox Nemhauser

Jul 29, 2019
i used one of the earliest direwolf pack as a base for my 1.4.6 server but i've added several mods to it then and if i recall correctly the number went up to around 80 installed mods

after some time i've updated it to 1.4.7, some mods had to be removed (conflicts in existing world, etc) but overall the quantity has been upped to 106 mods.

i will definitelly add more mods (but will keep it at 1.4.7 as we want to keep the current world) in the future.

i usually wait for most of the people to master the newest mods and then i start tinkering on the copy of that server and i'm trying to add those mods that make sense, have no conflicts with existing mods and are not crashing the server; it's a tough process but the end result is worth the effort :)

question, were you interested in all of those 191 mods or are you just trying to put as many as possible, regardless of what they provide ? (i.e. - do you put two very similar [in functionality] mods in the pack?)

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
There are definitely some mods that have similar functions but generally they will each have their own thing that either will do differently. For instance Additional Pipes and Additionaly Buildcraft Objects. They both add some of the same types of pipes but additional pipes adds teleport pipes and additional objects adds the diamond liquid pipe. I don't believe that any of the mods I have installed do the exact same thing some of them do definitely cross into the same territory. but may offer a different solution to the same problem. I just like to have choice. Plus I have always been really bad about modding a game until it breaks so that doesn't help either.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere around 120 is the reported statistic, it's probably closer to 100.

Sent from boobs (because why not?)

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't know what you're referencing I've never heard that acronym. but 230 is impressive either way. I'm not sure if your talking about Pam from pam's harvest but I tried to use her mods and they just caused so many conflicts I gave up. But with her mods I'd probably be somewhere around 250.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't know what you're referencing I've never heard that acronym. but 230 is impressive either way. I'm not sure if your talking about Pam from pam's harvest but I tried to use her mods and they just caused so many conflicts I gave up. But with her mods I'd probably be somewhere around 250.
Got it in one.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I had nearly 300 at one point, thanks in part to Pam's mods, but that was built off of Plus+, which already had 200 something mods to begin with.

I miss that world

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere around 110ish according to forge. Load times were horrible and pressing u in NEI would freeze up the game for about 30 seconds. I don't know how you do it with 191 mods, let alone 300. If I weren't worried about load times I would probably have around 150ish.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use all those mods frequently or are they there just because.

For me, I am just using the FTB Ultimate pack, so there are a bunch of mods I haven't even touched yet. Those mostly being Thaumcraft (which I plan to get into eventually. Golems seem fun, especially in a village with turtles and villagers.)

Same with EE, factorization, few that I am sure I am unaware of.

Though I find myself using the "best" parts out of all the mods I use, leaving out the rest. Majority IC2, bit of RP2 for the energy cell and the few machines.

silent_sentinel

Jul 29, 2019
if modpacks don't count around 3-4
most of the time I have vanilla minecraft with rei's minimap, optifine, GLSL shaders, timber. I tend not to go too heavy into content addition unless I'm running a modpack

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you want a list sure I actually can do you one better than just a spoilered list. I'm not sure if this is complete I haven't double checked it yet but I am keeping a database of my mods.
Here I am a bit insane.

In response to namiasdf I don't use them constantly but I use bits and pieces from a lot of them. Also I like the option to use them

Also I have been playing with mods since before buildcraft was a thing so I have had a long time to accumulate a list of mods that I have either updated with minecraft or move to their spiritual descendants

Reactions: Whovian