More Bee Questions For Folks in FTB beyond

• Thread starter demonknight1434
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

demonknight1434

So got into the GenDustry to get Diamond bee's.... Ok well and good got my diamond bees let them run...notice the diamond fragments have a 15% drop or at least that's whats listed. so i let my bees go all night yay after getting my template going ....now i have my bee and i have them going and notice that i have not got a secondary drop at all..

now i used the cyrstal combs and let them go to make them in a carpenter but ..am i doing something wrong.

I am using the Industrial Apiary. Is that the issues do i need to use them in a normal one to get secondary drops, or are they disabled in the pack.

Any and all feed back is appreciated

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no beekeeper, but I believe the secondary drop is tied to biome dependency. I may be wrong - it's happened before.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm no beekeeper, but I believe the secondary drop is tied to biome dependency. I may be wrong - it's happened before.
Now that's interesting - I'd heard from someone's LP that the secondary drops required a specific block adjacent to the Industrial Apiary - he had a diamond block under his diamond bees, an emerald block under his emerald bees, and a wither skeleton skull on top of his withery bees. He also had a block of TNT under apocalyptic bees, which is terrifying but apparently necessary.

Reactions: Jobs2k

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Secondary isn't biome dependant, but it's nasty rare. Fill your Industrial Apiary with production upgrades, and then cross your fingers when you centrifuge the combs.

D

demonknight1434

soooooo left diamond block next to the industrial apiary........ nothing as of yet for fragments.. i still get plenty of crystal combs , that make when spun crystal propolis , and that in a carpenter can make fragments with the shards but that's a lengthy process ..... as always any feed back is nice

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Autocrafting? BC Auto-crafting is slow but needs no power, and bee's aren't fast anyway. RFTools crafter is absurdly good, and is available in 1.10+

D

demonknight1434

Autocrafting? BC Auto-crafting is slow but needs no power, and bee's aren't fast anyway. RFTools crafter is absurdly good, and is available in 1.10+
oh thats already done in the carpenter so its not a problem just wish the secondary drop would happen along with the combs.... other wise its fine got the builder going to so its not like im hurting for materials. But when i see it should be a secondary out put along with combs and it dose not makes me wonder whats going on.

GScott

Jul 29, 2019
are you using all 8 allowed production upgrades? I'm using the Industrial Apiary to farm glowstone in FTB Beyond right now. It's a secondary drop but I'm averaging several hundred per real day on the server.

D

demonknight1434

That i have done i think its just diamonds removed .... i had lapis bees and got that going im sure red stone would work to but emerald and diamond? must be turned off

J

Jobs2k

More Bees employs a different mechanic for the specialty produce.

If you have silk touch (ore any way of getting diamond ore blocks) place one under the 'working' block the bees are in.
If you can't do that then a more expensive way is to use a diamond block.

It took me a while to figure this out as I was used to the Extra Bees method of using certain blocks under an Alveary with an Oblivion Frame to get speedy mutations.
More bees switches this out and uses the blocks for production rather than mutation.
Here is the page on the MB wiki where they have hidden this fact and what certain species need: Clicky!