Moonstone?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
Went afk for about 5 mins in the middle of the night on my DW20 server and came back to a crater in the ground with a few pieces of stone and moonstone. Hovered over it and noticed it was from ars magica. Did a little searching on google and found that it was from a moonstone comet.

Couple minecraft days later i went afk again and voila! another comet inpacts the same exact area.

Does anyone have anymore info regarding these moonstone comets? Tried searching and cant find much.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
They are moonstone meteorites. Break them with a pick andbuse the crystals in Ars2 recipes. They crash randomly near players, i believe in areas you soend a loy of time in. They also ruin your lawn.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
They are moonstone meteorites. Break them with a pick andbuse the crystals in Ars2 recipes. They crash randomly near players, i believe in areas you soend a loy of time in. They also ruin your lawn.

Not as much as puddles. I hate puddles.

(the meteors are the only source of moonstone, which you'll need for ARS2). I believe the default config has the meteors hitting in a 32 block area from your toon.

Last edited:

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
you can disable the terrain damage by playing with the configs:
B:MoonstoneMeteorDestroyTerrain=false

As for the puddles- I really hope that the default is going to be off for those. It is getting to the point where I have to make a list of all the config modifications - and where they are- I need to do when I update FTB...

(Not that I am complaining about updates)

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
It is getting to the point where I have to make a list of all the config modifications - and where they are- I need to do when I update FTB...
I've been there for a long time, and it really gets old. Even making an effort to change configs as little as possible, I put off updating because I know it'll turn into lots of time tweaking things.

Except for Velotican
After 1-2 RR updates a week lately, I swear I could turn off puddles in the config blindfolded at this point

Reactions: Mjw

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Also relieze they on land on dirt and grass that has a clear view of the sky. So no worries about it punch a hole in your base unless your base is a dirt hovel.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting really tired of moonstones messing up my nicely manicured lawn and home area as well. Is there some reason that this has to happen so often? Is there any way to get the mod to stop doing this?

Reactions: RedBoss

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Not as much as puddles. I hate puddles.

(the meteors are the only source of moonstone, which you'll need for ARS2). I believe the default config has the meteors hitting in a 32 block area from your toon.
They fall in a 128 block radius or at least the Sigil that can attract them (Sigil of Lunar Tides I believe) has a 128 block radius it affects (unchangeable via inlay around the sigil), they only fall at night in areas with a clear LOS to the sky and only on grass when the player is outside, also yeah you can turn off the block damage via the config (which I have hate filling holes).