Problem Monster (v1.1.2) Minecraft Version 1.6.4 Server Crashing

B

Blooddragoon91

Hello, pretty new to starting private servers up and such, but I am trying to host a server for my friends and I am trying to use the Monster modpack. I downloaded the server file from the FTB launcher and attempted to start it up. Upon launching it the command prompt starts up runs for about 2 seconds then stops and reads

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Monster Minecraft Server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Been trying to find videos and such on this but haven't been able to find anything concrete or just laid out simply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a good day.

B

Blooddragoon91

Thank defiantly got me past the "Press any Key to continue" Sorry for the late reply!!!!

Now I have arrived at this impasse of it getting to [Buildcraft] Version check failed and stopping there. Also when I opened up the unleashed mod pack to go into a server a white box called "Minecraft Server" appeared next to the command prompt which the Monster mod pack is not doing.

Also from reading previously people have said an EULA will appear which you need to change "false" to "true" which also has not appeared for me.

EDIT: My friend is able to log in and everything seems to be running fine for him now its just figuring out how I join >_< another journey awaits!!

EDIT EDIT: How would I go into the server side and enable some things within this mod. For example: Blood Magic and the minimap are both disabled via Default with this mod pack and I would like the enabled on the server.

Sorry for all the Extra Bull that keeps cropping up... >_>

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Also from reading previously people have said an EULA will appear which you need to change "false" to "true" which also has not appeared for me.
The Eula wasn't added until in later versions, so there's no file to change false to true on 1.6.4

If you want to enable disabled mods, open the mods folder and remove .disabled in the end of the filename on the mods you want to enable - remember you need to enable the same on your client.

And as this is early on, you might want to reset the world when doing enable of new mods. (delete the world folder should do the trick and it will generate a new world on next start)

B

Blooddragoon91

Alright awesome! Thank you again! Is there anyways to also outside mods in. Example: I wanted to add Morph mod into the server+client side. Reason I ask this is because the 2-3 minimap options that come with the Monster Modpack does not show up in the Server Mods folder and when I try to add them to from the client side to the server side the server just crashes. I did the same exact thing with bloodmagic but that actually had a filename with .disabled. The minimap addons do not have a filename at all server side.

EDIT: I can post the server crash log if that will help at all. Just really don't know how to post it though >->

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Reason I ask this is because the 2-3 minimap options that come with the Monster Modpack does not show up in the Server Mods folder and when I try to add them to from the client side to the server side the server just crashes

Those are only client side, you should not put them on the server.

And if I remember correctly there are more than 1 minimap mod and you might just want to have 1 enabled on your client, so pick the one you like best and go with that.

Is there anyways to also outside mods in. Example: I wanted to add Morph mod into the server+client side.
Just download the mods you want and add them, make sure you get the right version.

Add 1 at the time so you know if it works, and if it fails then you know what mod that broke your server and/or client.

to post logs:
use paste.feed-the-beast.com and share the link in your posts.
(but not needed to share log if it's crash after adding minimap mods to the server, remove those - and if it still crashes, yes - then share that one)