[Monster v1.1.0] Most memory intensive mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
I intend to be running a Monster v1.1.0 server using the MCPC+ patcher for some friends, but unfortunately some of them have less than optimal machines for running monster (they coped with unleashed on around 18fps I believe). So, I wished to remove some mods none of us would ever use; when I did this however, the FML kept crashing due to ID clashes (I cannot for the life of me work out what I removed to cause this, it can't be the MCPC+ patcher because it worked fine on a small test server with another friend.) Therefore, I wish to remove only the mods which have exceptionally high resource demands (a few I know already, like revamp).

TL;DR - what are the most resource-heavy mods in Monsnter v1.1.0?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes O Plenty, Highlands, and ATG are big ones(serverside at least). Thaumcraft, Rotary Craft, and Reactor Craft are up there, but not horrible. Twilight Forest isn't exactly nice to less powerful computers(not as bad on a server since the server handles the generation, but the rendering....) As I come up with more I'll tell you.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Modded Minecraft is not meant to be played on a potato, especially the Monster pack. Since the pack will be on a server, most of the heavy lifting will be done by the server. The client just does the rendering for the most part, so if they still have issues, they should look into using Optifine and/or turning down their settings to bare minimal. I have an old PC that that is unplayable in singleplayer since it has a terrible CPU, but is fine on a server pulling 60+ FPS.

Reactions: Wagon153

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Biomes O Plenty, Highlands, and ATG are big ones(serverside at least). Thaumcraft, Rotary Craft, and Reactor Craft are up there, but not horrible. Twilight Forest isn't exactly nice to less powerful computers(not as bad on a server since the server handles the generation, but the rendering....) As I come up with more I'll tell you.
This. The more complex you make the world, the more there is to process for the client. And sadly that is what the 3 Biome/terrain mods do. However what they do besides that is AMAZING imo(specially ATG) so its a tough choice.

Also think I heard something about Mariculture not being that client friendly, but not sure. It does add a ton of stuff underwater(corals, kelp, clams etc). So if noone plans on taking advantage of this by building near/on/under the water then you could possible benefit from removing that as well.

Ktulu666

Jul 29, 2019
Removed the terrain generation mods and my friend says his client has improved. Many thanks!