Monster server hangs then kicks everyone

sedilis

Jul 29, 2019
I used to get that on an old server. CPU would max out at 100% lag would become unplayable and then people would time out and drop. As soon as CPU lowered again the server would become responsive and players could rejoin. I ended up getting a better server with a faster CPU which mostly solved it. I'd check your CPU when its happening and maybe use OPIS to see if there is something that is using a lot of tick time. Also check you are using recommended java start-up parameters.

It was also particularly bad when people were exploring new chunks for the first time. To get round that before opening up a new world I'd spend a few hours on creative exploring a large area around the spawn so chucks had already been generated when people entered them.

twitch204

Jul 29, 2019
Try using only one save plug-in. Also, try and space them out a bit more. The server crashes almost every time after a world/world save.

blood

Jul 29, 2019
According to your log, it seems the server is autorestarting before it has a chance to show the thread dump. Do you have some sort of wrapper that is restarting the server? If so disable it so we can get a dump.

Shmeeb

Jul 29, 2019
How could it have restarted? No mods/plugins were ever loaded/unloaded. My startup script simply makes sure the server isn't running in 2 different instances, and auto restarts it if it crashes.

blood

Jul 29, 2019
Upload the entire log then because i'm still only seeing part of a log.

EDIT: Ahh, I assumed the server was crashing, but I see now that your players are being kicked. Looks like a plugin to me. What plugins are you using? Also make sure save-mineshaft-structure-info is set to false in spigot.yml and that you are not using a save plugin with auto-save turned on in bukkit.yml

blood

Jul 29, 2019
@Scmeeb

1. 2014-06-22 14:59:06 [INFO] This server is running MCPC+ version git-MCPC-Plus-jenkins-Cauldron-164-272 (MC: 1.6.4) (Implementing API version 1.6.4-R2.1-SNAPSHOT)

Update to latest Cauldron 1.6.4 build which can be found here http://files.minecraftforge.net/Cauldron/

If it occurs again, remove all plugins and retest. If this works then find which plugin is causing the issue.
If you do not have an autosave plugin and are not using the built-in save mechanism then what are you using to save your world?

Note: You also will need to update MobiusCore to 1.2.2(server only, clients do not need this) or it will crash on startup
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/76734-mobiuscore/files/2205274/download

Last edited: