Monster pack, Tinkers' Construct and mimichite?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What is this mimichite that I'm finding is slowing down building my Tinkers' Construct smeltery? That's not in Tinkers', is it? So some other mod changed the recipe for seared brick? Am disappoint.

I'm looking at a wiki, have I just been fooled by NEI? It says mimicry mod can double ores... and that's what it does with seared brick... hmmm. Here I've been thinking I need the mimichite to craft the seared brick. I bet you can craft without it? That's not what NEI showed me. sigh Off to load it up and check.

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
Mimichite is just an item that double a unit. When you use it on an unrefined item (Like say, gout) it gives you two of the refined item instead of one.

Pretty sure you can still make seared brick whatever way it was made before. Furnace?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, my bad, i didn't click on the left and right arrows in NEI to check the other recipes. The first recipe that comes up shows you need one grout with one mimichite to make 2 seared brick so that was the one I was using thinking they had changed it. sigh Such a dummy.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
It's added by Mimicry. It basically smelts & (roughly) doubles the output for most things. Some things, like diamonds, take a whole bunch of mimichite to double, but with things like ore blocks (and I'd assume grout as well, though I've never used it) it doubles the output. This is particularly useful for things like nether ores, where you normally smelt them to get 2x regular ores, but mimichite gives 4x regular ores.

It's also highly useful for building up a supply of ender pearls early in the game, as many people (myself included) have noticed endermen being rather difficult to find/kill in Monster to get the pearls. If you can get just one pearl, each mimichite used will give back 16 ender pearl dust (PortalGun), and then 9 of those craft back into 1 ender pearl. Rinse/repeat until you have enough pearls to go to The End.

Or until you can assault a Roguelike Dungeon to capture an enderman spawner.

Or an MFR spawner with an enderman in a safari net.

Or whatever.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not a big fan, seems rather OP just what we don't need, a mod that already has an exploit... and doesn't make much sense to me to have one ore double all the other ores... but thanks for the info.

But then again, I love MFR and that's pretty OP too. So nevermind. LOL

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
It's pretty nifty if you have a shortage.

I'm having a terrible time trying to find diamond, and it's let me turn my 5 diamond into 13ish.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Not a big fan, seems rather OP just what we don't need, a mod that already has an exploit... and doesn't make much sense to me to have one ore double all the other ores... but thanks for the info.

But then again, I love MFR and that's pretty OP too. So nevermind. LOL

How exactly is this an exploit?