Monster 1.1.2 Rotarycraft problem

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I've tried to set up the Bedrock breaker in my singleplayer(using a server) world and after several hours of failed attempts i found a video on youtube(
) that made it simple. I've made it pretty much exactly the same but in the end, everything is rotating except the Bedrock breaker itself :\

picture:

30829f1815.png

Any help would be appreciated and i hope this is the correct forum section, i was a bit in a hurry when writing this.

Thank you and take care!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That is no where near enough power. The bedrock breaker was changed to require around 2 MW of power, while that hydrokinetic is outputting only 524 KW.

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Ah dang it :\ any tips on how to quickly get to that kind of power? :p
I started with magnetostatic engine, but got stuck on the 2nd upgrade, can't power the magnetizer :c

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Make sure you have a timer setup on the magnetizer. That's something that people often forget when using it.

I personally use two industrial coils to mine bedrock. It takes a bit to charge them up to a usable point, but they're able to run it.

Reactions: Pyure

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Coils directly into the bedrock breaker? I'm slowly charging one up at the moment(but i've just realised it outputs 1k, while breaker needs 2k)
And i don't have enough power and speed for the magnetizing unit. I was using the timer.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Coils directly into the bedrock breaker? I'm slowly charging one up at the moment(but i've just realised it outputs 1k, while breaker needs 2k)
And i don't have enough power and speed for the magnetizing unit.

Shaft junction two coils together, both outputting 1024 Nm and 1024 rad/s. You may need a gearbox in there as well, I can't remember what my setup is currently.

The magnetizing unit will run off of two steam engines without any issues.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
If you get 3 more hydro you will have enough power

oh and that video is very outdated :p

the magnetizer, try getting a microturbine. 3 buckets will get your tier 2 magnetized ;) it will need a redstone pulse. Vanilla is your best bet, look for 2 tick redstone pulse on google

Reactions: Pyure

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
the magnetizer, try getting a microturbine. 3 buckets will get your tier 2 magnetized ;) it will need a redstone pulse. Vanilla is your best bet, look for 2 tick redstone pulse on google

Bit overkill just to magnetize something. I do that with two steam engines without an issue.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Bit overkill just to magnetize something. I do that with two steam engines without an issue.
Well I magnetize 16 when i run out of them, and when i run out, it means i need it now :p
but I plugged into my reactor output now, for 65k rad/s :D that was a big overkill...

gago

Jul 29, 2019
Using two steam engines with a shaft junction and it's still not enough for the magnetizer. Might have to get 4.
Industrial coils are slow as hell, about 1/5th of charging the first one atm..

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Using two steam engines with a shaft junction and it's still not enough for the magnetizer. Might have to get 4.
Industrial coils are slow as hell, about 1/5th of charging the first one atm..

You'll need a gearbox after the steam engines IIRC.

gago

Jul 29, 2019
I've made 4 hydrokinetic engines, connected 2 into one junction and 2 into another, then into the 3rd junction. Still not working :\

So if i got this right, i need to connect a 16:1 gearbox somewhere in the end?
EDIT: it didn't work in speed mode and it exploded in torque mode <.<

Also, what kind of gearbox would i have to use on the steam engines for magnetizing unit?

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
I've made 4 hydrokinetic engines, connected 2 into one junction and 2 into another, then into the 3rd junction. Still not working :\

So if i got this right, i need to connect a 16:1 gearbox somewhere in the end?
EDIT: it didn't work in speed mode and it exploded in torque mode <.<

Also, what kind of gearbox would i have to use on the steam engines for magnetizing unit?

If you put them so one outputs into the other, they will work. Have a setup going like:
HHHH---GBB
H being an hydro, --- being shaft and bevel and gigles, G is a 4:1 gearbox (diamond),BB being bedrock breaker

gago

Jul 29, 2019
My setup right now:

8ce50ce78c.png

It is still not working. everything is rotating, including the diamond gearbox but the bedrock breaker is still not budging.

EDIT: i changed gearbox lubricant input to the side.

EDIT number 2: after i changed the damaged gearbox with a new one, it now finally works!! :) many thanks for all your help :D

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
how much power is the shaft leading into the breaker receiving? Use the transducer item, or connect a dynamometer to see the output.

gago

Jul 29, 2019
It works now, i just replaced the damaged gearbox with a new one and started pumping in the lubricant from the side :)

Thank you all again!

EDIT: just one more question; is it okay if i put shafts and bevel gears between the gearbox and bedrock breaker?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Why not simply chain four hydrokinetic engines? That's easy to do. No need for junctions or anything. Power is merged automatically.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Sorry, I just saw this. I use two steam engines hooked up to a 8:1 diamond gearbox in speed mode:
5FWzMOL.png
EDIT: just one more question; is it okay if i put shafts and bevel gears between the gearbox and bedrock breaker?

Yes.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Why not simply chain four hydrokinetic engines? That's easy to do. No need for junctions or anything. Power is merged automatically.
what he is doing now :p
My setup right now:

8ce50ce78c.png

It is still not working. everything is rotating, including the diamond gearbox but the bedrock breaker is still not budging.

EDIT: i changed gearbox lubricant input to the side.

EDIT number 2: after i changed the damaged gearbox with a new one, it now finally works!! :) many thanks for all your help :D

Diamond gearbox need only 1 bucket of lub
and yes you can put shaft and bevel between then gearbox and the breaker