Monster 1.0.7 bugged FOV

modctek

Jul 29, 2019
I just upgraded my FTB Monster install from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 and now my field of view is distorted. Basically, "0" (Normal) looks like "1" (Quake), and when I push it up to max, it's super distorted. I doublechecked my options.txt file, and FOV set to 0.0.

Not sure what changed between the two versions but something is out of whack now!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Just checked myself after upgrading to 1.0.7 and it seems fine. Try a force update of the pack incase something went wonky in the update.

modctek

Jul 29, 2019
It's bizarre, but I've somewhat fixed it by setting my FOV to -0.5. I think it has something to do with sprint/teleporting. When I use a portal or book to jump to a Mystcraft age, my view is distorted like I'm sprinting, but I'm moving at half-speed. If I then try to sprint, my FOV snaps back to "normal" and I can move at regular speed.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It's bizarre, but I've somewhat fixed it by setting my FOV to -0.5. I think it has something to do with sprint/teleporting. When I use a portal or book to jump to a Mystcraft age, my view is distorted like I'm sprinting, but I'm moving at half-speed. If I then try to sprint, my FOV snaps back to "normal" and I can move at regular speed.

Strange never had that issue before.

kofti

Jul 29, 2019
Do you wear powersuit? The sprint and walk assist of the leggings change the FOV. If this is the cause enable "Ignore speed boosts for field of view" in numina.cfg

Sleeper

Jul 29, 2019
I get this problem using anything that gives a speed boost, its very annoying. With the powersuit it pulls the FOV way back but I also get the same problem using Boots of the Traveller. Setting "Ignore speed boosts for field of view" to true does not help.

OK, nevermind. I was changing the server config and not client config.

Last edited: