Molten Storage?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ronar1

Jul 29, 2019
I think fluid dynamics are one of the coolest things in ftb, and I want to try something where I store all my raw materials (Iron, Gold, and Diamond etc.) as molten fluids in tanks.

I've been playing around and i can't figure out how to get molten stuff into tanks.

I used a Thermionic Fabricator to melt the diamonds but no matter where I place the pipes/liquiducts (I experimented with both) the molten diamond doesn't get pumped out.

Furthermore, is there a way to turn it back into actual diamonds after melting it?

Ronar1

Jul 29, 2019
Aww man, do the liquids there get treated as the same liquids registered by the thermionic fabricator?

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
No, I don't think they do. The thermionic fabricator is very dumb in this sense. The liquids it creates are the only ones it will accept. I could be wrong, but I can't boot up my world with liquid metals to check.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I think fluid dynamics are one of the coolest things in ftb, and I want to try something where I store all my raw materials (Iron, Gold, and Diamond etc.) as molten fluids in tanks.

I've been playing around and i can't figure out how to get molten stuff into tanks.

I used a Thermionic Fabricator to melt the diamonds but no matter where I place the pipes/liquiducts (I experimented with both) the molten diamond doesn't get pumped out.

Furthermore, is there a way to turn it back into actual diamonds after melting it?
As far as I know, you can't get the liquid stuff out of a Thermionic Fabricator, and that's because the other materials being able to be melted in it is only possible with Extra Bees.

That being said, if you have enough Liquid Diamond in your Thermionic Fabricator, you can use a Block Mold to craft a diamond block. That's not the only way to get it out, but it's one of the quickest(as in no reprocessing to get your stuff back). Though for a person who wants to get back more then what you put in, you may want to look into getting a Uncrafting Table and using tool molds(not sure which works best, as I never use them) and uncrafting the tool to get back the resources used to craft it, and the tool molds should use a bit less then normal crafting.
For actually storing your stuff in tanks you'd need to add (and use) Liquid Metals and it doesn't work on diamonds as far as I can tell.

Ronar1

Jul 29, 2019
I see..

Another question is what do you do with molten stuff that's not glass in a thermionic fabricator? Do they plan on adding in more compatibility with the liquid stuff?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I see..

Another question is what do you do with molten stuff that's not glass in a thermionic fabricator? Do they plan on adding in more compatibility with the liquid stuff?
It's a feature of Extra Bees. Strange but true, a mod which adds bees and bees and bees, with a side of frames and parts for your multiblock apiary, oh and more bees, also adds a way to craft things with the thermionic fabricator and some liquid ores. Personally, it's kind of derp. I mean why was it added? Why is it not mentioned anywhere?(easy, Extra Bees isn't well documented) Why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
It's somewhat safe to ignore it, but still... gah, what gives?

Ronar1

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, I think there's a bug. I did this on the Mindcrack Pack (Most current one), and when I put in a stack of gold and then reform it into blocks with a block cast, I get back 7 blocks. Which is more than a stack can make...

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't do math.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, I think there's a bug. I did this on the Mindcrack Pack (Most current one), and when I put in a stack of gold and then reform it into blocks with a block cast, I get back 7 blocks. Which is more than a stack can make...
A stack of gold is 64 ingots.
A block in 9 ingots.
7 blocks is 7x9 ingots.
7x9 ingots is 63 ingots.
63 ingots is less than 64 ingots.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Thermionic fabricators only have the internal storage, no outputs anywhere. There also isn't anyway to condense the stuff back into materials. Sorry. Look into this mod right here for your only real options.

This mod...

It's... It's beautiful. I can have Xycraft tanks filled with Molten Gold, Iron, Silver, Copper and Tin... With the outer edges made of the corresponding blocks! Plus, it gets almost Factorization levels of Yield out of the Ores, but with a much more reasonable approach on how to generate power!

Why hasn't this been added to FTB yet? DW20 needs to do a spotlight on this ASAP and add it to his modpack, because i'm going to add it manually. This is pure gold. Liquid gold. Delicious.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
It's a feature of Extra Bees. Strange but true, a mod which adds bees and bees and bees, with a side of frames and parts for your multiblock apiary, oh and more bees, also adds a way to craft things with the thermionic fabricator and some liquid ores. Personally, it's kind of derp. I mean why was it added? Why is it not mentioned anywhere?(easy, Extra Bees isn't well documented) Why do kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
It's somewhat safe to ignore it, but still... gah, what gives?
Because in vanilla Extra Bees, the only way to get the metal from metal bees is to melt the combs (or perhaps just the products of the combs?) in a thermionic fabricator. The metal dusts is a feature added when other mods are installed.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
As awesome as a tank of liquid diamond would be, I figure liquid diamond doesn't actually make the slightest bit of physical sense :p You'd probably just get amorphous carbon.

Reactions: Jerome Asich

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
As awesome as a tank of liquid diamond would be, I figure liquid diamond doesn't actually make the slightest bit of physical sense :p You'd probably just get amorphous carbon.
Well, strictly speaking, you are correct, but we do have lava transported into buckets made of iron, and molten redstone, as well as blocs capable of floating without any support. So physics and Minecraft are not really friends to begin with.;)

Reactions: Jerome Asich