Modular Powersuits: Heat?

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find anything online or on MachineMuse's site about the heat factor in the MPS mod but am coming up dry for some reason.

I just installed the Railgun (which is kickass) and I noticed that it has a heat emission side effect when you tinker up the power. What does heat do to the suit, and how do you know when you've had too much heat? I noticed there's heat sinks too that you can install.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
You do get a little gauge on the right side of the screen (next to the power gauge) which indicates your current heat level. I'll offer two tips regarding heat:-
  1. Don't use the kinetic energy thingies on your legs when flying - this will massively generate heat (or at least it did in the last version I did this in).
  2. Don't use high heat generating modules in the Nether - lots of lava, lots of fire, need I say more?

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I think the kinetic generators are not in the mod anymore. The only way I see to charge up the suit is in an IC2 charger, and it takes a LOT of power.

I see the gauge. I did set myself on fire. I thought its a nice touch that it cools you down fast if you are in water. Without water it does take a while. I maxed out my energy armor so I didn't take any damage but it was annoying being on fire. I will try the heat sink and see how that affects it. Noted about the nether. that makes sense.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Modular Powersuits Addons has the kinetic generator (and a few other things). It isn't in the DW20 pack but it is in Unleashed.

EDIT: Also, you can use the thermal expansion energetic infuser to charge the suit.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't that the generators aren't inside the mod any more but rather it doesn't belong to the mod at all. It is developed as an addon to MachineMuse's Modular Power Suits, iirc the author is Andrew and the mod's name is MPSA or Modular Power Suits Addon. And iirc, in the very same addon, he introduced 2 new kind of heat-removal modules, one requires you to fill the armor up with water by standing inside a water source block. Which it will consume water to lowrr your heat value when you overheat. Another is a module that helps you shed heat faster. I am using the second module and so far I'm not overheating at all even with the kinetic generator and maxed out sprint assist, unless I did a running start before flying. Or I spam my railgun non-stop for like more than a dozen shots? Even so, if I stopped for couple pf seconds, the module will helo me remove all the heat. P.S. I only have 1 heat sink installed at maximum heat capacity of 150 iirc.[DOUBLEPOST=1376489868][/DOUBLEPOST]And I hate the fact that my Galaxy Note doesn't register paragraphs at all!

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I tried the "Energetic Infuser" from Thermal Expansion. I had no idea what to do so I treated it like you'd expect a charging machine to work. I attached it to my energy conduit and put my power suit helmet in the machine. The helmet vanished entirely! *poof* gone. I had to cheat in a new helmet and all my modules, etc. What the heck is this?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I tried the "Energetic Infuser" from Thermal Expansion. I had no idea what to do so I treated it like you'd expect a charging machine to work. I attached it to my energy conduit and put my power suit helmet in the machine. The helmet vanished entirely! *poof* gone. I had to cheat in a new helmet and all my modules, etc. What the heck is this?

Prolly auto ejected. Check inventories next to the infuser.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, yup you're right. It got sucked into other areas instantly cause it was mostly charged.

Ok so looking at this, it appears that the Infuser is a MUCH better way of charging than using any IC2 method. I have a small nuke set up which produces 100EU/t and fills a MFE. Putting the helmet in the MFE nearly instantly drains it, but takes the nuke a pretty long while to fill. With the helmet sitting in the MFE, it can take many minutes to recharge the suit pieces. However, the Infuser hooked up to redstone energy cells fills up the suit pieces in a very short time.