Modular Powersuit Specification Discussion!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
INCOMING OBLIGATORY GIF

ac55fa2dd0.gif

So, back in the day when power suits weren't complicated and painful to balance, there used to be a time when these suits pretty much owned face, yet I can't seem to figure out how to made these bad boys as awesome as they used to be. So I ask you, the devout members of the FTB community, how do you do it?

Feel free to post your armor specs and critique/suggest builds that work out for you. Looking forward to it!

I'd do it myself but my builds end with pain and crying.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
One thing that is useful is to not install any batteries and to carry an energy cell or flux capacitor instead, you still get power and you save weight capacity for other things like heat plating.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that is useful is to not install any batteries and to carry an energy cell or flux capacitor instead, you still get power and you save weight capacity for other things like heat plating.
Doesn't it just chew through your battery though?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
I have one battery in the helmet, charged by solar+kinetic. Full energy shields on all 4, with advanced plating installed on all 4 but set to 0 for daily use. When I want to go full tank I use the tool's tinker mode to boost the advanced plating. Heat plating in all 4 at 50% + cooling module, I swim in lava with ease, and can jet around the nether for a long time before heat becomes a concern. The only things that can really kill me are poison, wither effect, and the Lich from Twilight Forest. Oh, and maxed out TCon weapons.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i don't know how they changed as of late(haven't been toying with it since january), but i just put energy shielding, flight, all necessary utility, 1 or 2 elite batteries. adjusted all assists so weight doesn't hinder my movement and called it a day.

is there a new stuff i'm not aware of?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame that MPS shows no signs of updating to 1.7.2, that's one mod we take for granted sometimes.

I have no idea what I'm going to use next, maybe Gany's mods armour.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame that MPS shows no signs of updating to 1.7.2, that's one mod we take for granted sometimes.

I have no idea what I'm going to use next, maybe Gany's mods armour.

MachineMuse has atleast stated to work on a 1.7 release after some last 1.6 work.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on which battery you use, resonant ones last a pretty long time and you could carry more with you, either in your inventory or in a bag as spares.

I've got a small ender pouch charging network. Drop your discharged cell into your ender pouch, it's sent to an energetic infuser, and deposited back into your ender chest once charged. You should be able to do this with any tool that needs charging.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like to plug in the high power solar panel and then use a big resonant energy cell for power. The problem is that I tend to live in high temperature climates and for some reason I can't get the water tank to install. So I have to rely on passive cooling so I end up with a choice between armor and mobility because I can't afford the energy shields. Given the choice I dump armor and go for maximum maneuverability. Jetboots, Sprint and Jump Assist. The weight ends up being primarily from Heat Shielding because of the high-temp biomes.