Modular Powersuit flying?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
So, I installed the jetpack to my power suit and it does't seem to work. The Jetpack goes up really fast at first but then it moves incredibly slow. Flight control seems to do nothing. The glider also does nothing. And what button opens the crafting table on the power tool? There isn't a control for it on the modular key binds thing and C which is the default for the PCT doesn't work. How do I get this really fast flying I hear people talking about? I saw on the Yogscast video the flying was amazing.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Check your overall weight, anything over 24 kg will negatively impact your flight and travel speed, also if you have the resources add the boots for extra boost. I've never installed the crafting table but I believe if you have the power fist equipped and roll your mouse wheel it will select it, and right click to use.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I lowered the weight of everything. No armor and the lowest battery size. Wow. It moves unbelievably fast now. Thanks. I still can't get the crafting table to work. Using my mouse wheel just scrolls through my hotbar.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
The glider uses shift after you jump. Pointing you mouse downwards makes it go slower, whereas pointing forward will make you go faster.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So the way that MPS flight works is it seems to model vectored thrust. You install just the jetpack and it will let you rise up, but when you push forward the diagonal vector, new vector components are not strong enough to do both. So when you have just a jetpack, you're expected to use the glider. If you have just the jetboots, you sort of use it as a hover mode and climb booster.

But if you install and max out both the jet boots and the jetpack, your vectored thrust will be enough to keep your altitude rising as you fly forward.

But protip: if you want speed like the speed in the video I posted in Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks, you need to also install the leg sprint assist and max out your sprint and walking speed. Sprint before taking off for maximum speed. Your gliding speed will be assisted by the "walking speed" improvement, as will the use of normal IC2 jetpacks.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. I have everything related to speed and flying maxed out. The kinetic generator creates plenty of energy. I'll try using shift the activate the crafting table.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember that the fastest and most stable flight comes from both flight systems installed.

Struggles

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to work the Jet pack. I have tried taking off all my armor and making it as weightless as possible. If anyone could tell me how to use this I would be very thankful. P.S. I'm on a Mac.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Jet pack on chest piece.
Jet boots on boots.
Flight control unit on helmet.
All needs to be activated to achieve creative-mode flight.
Press L (if I'm not mistaken) and create a key, then drag modules to the key to link them up. You can link multiple modules to a single key so you can enable/disable all keys with a press of the button.

Also important to note, use the tinker table to max out the thrust for both your jet pack and Jet boots. As for the flight control unit, set the value to 0 for creative flight like mode.

P.s. I missed mmps for 1.7.10. :(

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm answering Struggles whom posted just 2 hours earlier then me. I just didn't noticed the date for the post before him though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.