Modular Machinery help

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Can anyone help me? How do I define a recipe that uses Meta? The wiki has no mention about meta items.

I've tried:
{
"type": "item",
"io-type": "output",
"item": "thermalfoundation:coin",
"meta": 96,
"amount": 1
},

and
{
"item": "thermalfoundation:coin:96",
},

The first doesn't register the meta, and the 2nd doesn't load the recipe (errors in the log).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can anyone help me? How do I define a recipe that uses Meta? The wiki has no mention about meta items.

I've tried:
{
"item": "thermalfoundation:coin",
"meta": 96,
},

and
{
"item": "thermalfoundation:coin:96",
},

The first doesn't register the meta, and the 2nd doesn't load the recipe (errors in the log).
Heya Golrith,

If memory serves, you want to do an @ symbol for the meta. In your case, "item": "thermalfoundation:coin@96"

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Heya Golrith,

If memory serves, you want to do an @ symbol for the meta. In your case, "item": "thermalfoundation:coin@96"
Great, I'll try that. I think it might be #. I noticed something like that in the JSON when attempting a new MM.

Do you know if it's possible to remove the machines that come by default? I tried moving the various JSONs to a subfolder, but they are still loading. Wondering if they are inbuilt default machine recipes with the JSONs as examples.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Great, I'll try that. I think it might be #. I noticed something like that in the JSON when attempting a new MM.

Do you know if it's possible to remove the machines that come by default? I tried moving the various JSONs to a subfolder, but they are still loading. Wondering if they are inbuilt default machine recipes with the JSONs as examples.
Its more likely the subfolder itself is just getting processed I think. I definitely did disable the default machines by deleting them.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Sorry, another question.

I have a structure totaling 8 blocks, which when formed, changes colour as per the JSON file, but the controller says it's missing structure. But I have a 2nd machine that is a more advanced version, and that shows the structure name.
Even though it has rendered correctly, I know it's not registered as a structure due to a test recipe not working.

Any ideas? is there any way to get a more detailed explanation of what is wrong with a structure?

Screenshot of the structures:
2018-10-05_20.43.57.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can only speculate that it has something to do with the fact that you're using tile entities, which aren't as reliable as blocks. Sorry :(

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Try deleting the NBT data from your structure file.
Thanks, that was it. I'd missed a line of NBT and now it's working perfectly.

Another question, hopefully the last. The modifier system, can multiple modifiers be applied? I'd like to have an upgrade block that doubles the speed, but also doubles the power requirements. Examples on the wiki are just one modifier.