Modtweaker isn't working how I planned

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to use modtweaker to add a custom pulverizer recipe, but even after I do what seemed to be exactly how the tutorials did it, still doesn't work. For example, I tried to make a recipe that inputs compressed cobblestone and outputs 9 sand, and sometimes dirt. I tried restarting minecraft, and using /mt reload multiple times.

The wiki says my script should say something similar to this:
mods.thermalexpansion.Pulverizer.addRecipe(3000, <minecraft:flint_and_steel>, <minecraft:flint>, <minecraft:iron_ingot>, 80);

And this is the script I made. I also added a value that makes compressed cobblestone = cobble9.

mods.thermalexpansion.Pulverizer.addRecipe(5000, cobble9, sand * 9, dirt, 80);

Anyone know what to do?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a value that says sand = <minecraft:sand> and dirt = <minecraft:dirt>?
Does it throw an error when you reload scripts, or just not work?
Post the entire script; we'll be better able to help you. :)

Reactions: adamich

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you need to be more specific with your item names. It helps to use NEI and dump all of the block/item ids so you can have a reference to the exact syntax. That "cobble9" thing is definitely not going to work unless you established it as a variable.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what I have written in the script currently. The first custom recipe you see, with cobble9, is the one I made. The other 2 were copied and pasted directly from the wiki, so I could see if those would work or not as well.

val cobble9 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed>
val cobble81 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:1>
val cobble729 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:2>
val sand = <Minecraft:sand>
val dirt = <Minecraft:dirt>

//RF required, InputStack, OutputStack, OutputStack2, Chance for OutputStack2 //The last two are optional

mods.thermalexpansion.Pulverizer.addRecipe(3000, <minecraft:flint_and_steel>, <minecraft:flint>, <minecraft:iron_ingot>, 80);

mods.thermalexpansion.Furnace.addRecipe(16000, <minecraft:eek:bsidian>, <minecraft:netherrack>);

^ that darn emoji won't leave me alone, just know it's Minecraft:obsidian

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly what I have written in the script currently. The first custom recipe you see, with cobble9, is the one I made. The other 2 were copied and pasted directly from the wiki, so I could see if those would work or not as well.

val cobble9 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed>
val cobble81 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:1>
val cobble729 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:2>
val sand = <Minecraft:sand>
val dirt = <Minecraft:dirt>

//RF required, InputStack, OutputStack, OutputStack2, Chance for OutputStack2 //The last two are optional

mods.thermalexpansion.Furnace.addRecipe(16000, <minecraft:eek:bsidian>, <minecraft:netherrack>);

^ that darn emoji won't leave me alone, just know it's Minecraft:obsidian
First suggestion: lowercase "Minecraft" in <Minecraft:sand> and <Minecraft:dirt>. That may or may not help, but it'll make me happy. ;)
VERY IMPORTANT: End the variable setting lines with semicolons.
Like so:
val cobble9 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed>;
val cobble81 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:1>;
val cobble729 = <ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed:2>;
val sand = <Minecraft:sand>;
val dirt = <Minecraft:dirt>;

That'll probably fix it.

Reactions: epidemia78

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's... so useful.
Why was I not informed of that tool before? ;-;

There's a lot of little hidden things here that aren't documented, such as that and the strike through which I think I told you about a while back. :p

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Gaaah. I added the semicolons, I lowercased Minecraft, but still there are no in game changes.

Could it have something to do with where I put the script? Unfortunately, no tutorials helped me on that aspect at all. Actually, no tutorials really helped me do anything, I've just been copying and pasting for the most part xD

So, the place I put my script was in a text document, inside the minecraft scripts folder. C:\Users\HomePC\Desktop\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\World of the Moon\minecraft\scripts. Is this the correct location?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Gaaah. I added the semicolons, I lowercased Minecraft, but still there are no in game changes.

Could it have something to do with where I put the script? Unfortunately, no tutorials helped me on that aspect at all. Actually, no tutorials really helped me do anything, I've just been copying and pasting for the most part xD

So, the place I put my script was in a text document, inside the minecraft scripts folder. C:\Users\HomePC\Desktop\mmc-stable-win32\MultiMC\instances\World of the Moon\minecraft\scripts. Is this the correct location?
Do you have mods under C:\...\World of the Moon\minecraft\mods?
If you have mods directly under World of the Moon, you should put the scripts folder there as well.
Here's a tip: try typing
print("Hello world!");
somewhere, and test if that shows up anywhere. I can't remember typing /mt reload makes that show up in the MC chat, but looking at MT's Intro Tutorial it definitely prints it to MT's log.
If "Hello world!" or whatever text you set shows up in one of those places, then your script is being run, and we have narrowed it down to a syntax error as opposed to some error higher up.
There's a lot of little hidden things here that aren't documented, such as that and the strike through which I think I told you about a while back. :p
Yes, you did, and
We_6abacb_218993.jpg

Excuse the plural first person when it should be singular. ;)

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
I am so confused. Please keep in mind that I don't make scripts, like, ever.

First of all, mods are located under minecraft, and so are the scripts.

Second, how do I format a file to be zs? Do I just type .zs at the end of a file to change it? I have already done that if that's the case

Third, I can't find the Modtweaker logs. I added the "hello world" thing to my script, reloaded it, but I couldn't find any log files for it.

Last edited:

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
I am asking for a pretty size able favor, but could someone either try to do what I'm doing and see if it works, or at least show me an example of a custom script they made on mine tweaker 3?

Also, it would seem to me that it is most likely something higher up, and not the script itself. I am unsure how to fix that

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
I am so confused. Please keep in mind that I don't make scripts, like, ever.

First of all, mods are located under minecraft, and so are the scripts.

Second, how do I format a file to be zs? Do I just type .zs at the end of a file to change it? I have already done that if that's the case

Third, I can't find the Modtweaker logs. I added the "hello world" thing to my script, reloaded it, but I couldn't find any log files for it.

Do you have file extensions enabled? Make sure that the file type is actually .zs and that its just not a text file with a .zs in the filename.

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again, I have another issue I am hoping you guys can resolve for me. I am currently trying to add oredictionary entries so that all the Ex Nihilo ore chunks can be used together. As in, I can make a chunk of Broken Gravel Ore using 3 broken gravel dust, and 1 broken gravel chunk, or any other similar recipe.

Here is my script. Bear in mind that it isn't finished, which is why a lot of oredictionary entries have only 1 item.

//Ore Dictionary for Ex Nihilo

val ArditePiece = <ore:ArditePiece>;
ArditePiece.add(<exastrisrebirth:itemOreArdite>);

val CobaltPiece = <ore:CobaltPiece>;
CobaltPiece.add(<exastrisrebirth:itemOreCobalt>);

val AluminumPiece = <ore:AluminumPiece>;
AluminumPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.aluminum_broken>);

val CopperPiece = <ore:CopperPiece>;
CopperPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.copper_broken>);
CopperPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.nether_copper_broken>);

val LeadPiece = <ore:LeadPiece>;
LeadPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_lead_broken>);
LeadPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.lead_broken>);

val PlatinumPiece = <ore:platinumPiece>;
PlatinumPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_platinum_broken>);

val SilverPiece = <ore:SilverPiece>;
SilverPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_silver_broken>);

val TinPiece = <ore:TinPiece>;
TinPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_tin_broken>);

val GoldPiece = <ore:GoldPiece>;
GoldPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.gold_broken>);
GoldPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.nether_gold_broken>);

val IronPiece = <ore:IronPiece>;
IronPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.iron_broken>);

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Hello again, I have another issue I am hoping you guys can resolve for me. I am currently trying to add oredictionary entries so that all the Ex Nihilo ore chunks can be used together. As in, I can make a chunk of Broken Gravel Ore using 3 broken gravel dust, and 1 broken gravel chunk, or any other similar recipe.

Here is my script. Bear in mind that it isn't finished, which is why a lot of oredictionary entries have only 1 item.

//Ore Dictionary for Ex Nihilo

val ArditePiece = <ore:ArditePiece>;
ArditePiece.add(<exastrisrebirth:itemOreArdite>);

val CobaltPiece = <ore:CobaltPiece>;
CobaltPiece.add(<exastrisrebirth:itemOreCobalt>);

val AluminumPiece = <ore:AluminumPiece>;
AluminumPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.aluminum_broken>);

val CopperPiece = <ore:CopperPiece>;
CopperPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.copper_broken>);
CopperPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.nether_copper_broken>);

val LeadPiece = <ore:LeadPiece>;
LeadPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_lead_broken>);
LeadPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.lead_broken>);

val PlatinumPiece = <ore:platinumPiece>;
PlatinumPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_platinum_broken>);

val SilverPiece = <ore:SilverPiece>;
SilverPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_silver_broken>);

val TinPiece = <ore:TinPiece>;
TinPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.ender_tin_broken>);

val GoldPiece = <ore:GoldPiece>;
GoldPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.gold_broken>);
GoldPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.nether_gold_broken>);

val IronPiece = <ore:IronPiece>;
IronPiece.add(<exnihilo:exnihilo.iron_broken>);
that sounds like a terrible idea and it would probably cause a infinite loop especially if used with a fortune hammer

Emblin

Jul 29, 2019
Nah. I forgot to mention, I realised that issue a while ago, so I am gonna remove all Ex Nihilo ore block recipes except for the dust ones. Because dust blocks cannot be hammer broken into anything but itself.

I also forgot, again, to mention the error report.

upload_2015-9-19_9-44-21.png