Mods that should be added in the Ultimate pack.

JohnnyX

Jul 29, 2019
So , i was looking at the mods that the ultimate pack has and I noticed some great ones that were missing.
These are:
  • ICBM
  • Universal Electricity
  • Mekanism
  • Traincraft
  • Assembly line (maybe)
  • Fluid mechanics
  • Electric expansion
  • Atomic science
So yeah , I am pretty much suggesting that the Ampz modpack mods are included in the ultimate pack with traincraft. State your opinion and which mods you think should be added!

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about adding the UE mods is do any of them add any functionality or anything that is not available in any of the other mods in the pack because otherwise its kinda pointless to add them.

The only ones that really add anything new are ICBM and maybe traincraft.

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I'm adding Ars Magica just for the magic content it adds. IMO ultimate has too few magic mods and should add maybe 2 more. Also I am adding (possibly depends on my testing) liquid metals. It seems like a really cool way of ore processing so I'll try it out. :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I would never consider adding anything done by Calclavia. From what I can tell he's a jackass. Not to mention his first move with MFFS was to close the source.

I'd love to see the unofficial LP given Krapht's blessing so they can add it to the pack until he finishes his new LP2

E: Also Additional Buildcraft Objects.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to see the unofficial LP given Krapht's blessing so they can add it to the pack until he finishes his new LP2.
Have you played around with Applied Energistics? Now that I have an AE system set up, I've pretty much lost interest in LP. That said, the unofficial LP is in Slow's Stream Pack. I haven't tried it, but I would imagine it respects the item ID conventions in Ultimate, so you should be able to drop it in.

Edit: Strike that, it appears to conflict with (at the very least) Portal Gun. I'm a bit surprised, but there you are.

Double Secret Ninja Edit: Turns out, it works fine if you remember to to add both the mod AND THE CONFIG file from Slow's Stream Pack. I'm a derp.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Have you played around with Applied Energistics? Now that I have an AE system set up, I've pretty much lost interest in LP. That said, the unofficial LP is in Slow's Stream Pack. I haven't tried it, but I would imagine it respects the item ID conventions in Ultimate, so you should be able to drop it in.

Edit: Strike that, it appears to conflict with (at the very least) Portal Gun. I'm a bit surprised, but there you are.

I've been adding it in since the launcher came out. The IDs need to be changed to xx03 and xx04 IIRC

AshleyCraft

Jul 29, 2019
personally, i think that optifine should be added, as so many of us already add it immediatly and it would be helpful and save time. also i think that, depending on slowpoke and searge, the winning mod from modjam should be added, as part of the prize

Jul 29, 2019
The thing about adding the UE mods is do any of them add any functionality or anything that is not available in any of the other mods in the pack because otherwise its kinda pointless to add them.
The only ones that really add anything new are ICBM and maybe traincraft.

ICBM? What for? It's a great idea but so unbelievably useless and just wrong for server play. If you want it add it yourself.

I disagree that traincraft is useful. It looks cool, but at it's essence is really just a fancy powered minecart system. I wouldn't mind it being in FTB Ulti but in my mind it's an aesthetic mod.

ICBM only causes an issue on open public servers (where it could simply be disabled). A lot of people play on small private servers where it's fun to mess around in a mystcraft age, or even SSP, where it's probably pointless too but whatever.

I feel like the issue comes down to preference and also the division of how you're using the modpack. Someone running a large public server has very different needs than a small private one.

I have been admin on medium size public servers back in the tekkit days (~20ppl online at a time during peak hours), and I remember the constant battle of having to ban or restrict items because of an ever expanding amount of exploits. Of course FTB is vastly superior to Tekkit IMO, but it will still be a problem as modders want to add cool features that aren't necessarily balanced for multiplayer and/or provide opportunities for griefing.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there's permission for modpacks, or if there's a specific reason why it's not added yet, but I'd love to see smart moving added.
sure, it's not a really high tech mod, it doesn't add any items, when you've the good armor and items it's not that useful anymore, but damn, it's an awesome mod :D

nimzy

Jul 29, 2019
I would never consider adding anything done by Calclavia. From what I can tell he's a jackass. Not to mention his first move with MFFS was to close the source.

I'd love to see the unofficial LP given Krapht's blessing so they can add it to the pack until he finishes his new LP2

E: Also Additional Buildcraft Objects.

That's hilarious given that RP2 is also closed source and no one is bitching about THAT.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That's hilarious given that RP2 is also closed source and no one is bitching about THAT.

It's not the fact that it's closed source it's that he went against the original mod authors wishes and closed an open source mod. Not to mention he seems quite bitchy from his twitter.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I'll love to have a distribution pipe, redpower ones are crap.

oh, and optifine doesn't always work for everyone.

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
oh, and optifine doesn't always work for everyone.

When I played on slower computers, I was never sure if OptiFine helped - I really think in some cases, my FPS lowered. On this (faster) computer, it goes great.

Did anyone mention Mouse Tweaks? If so, I will second it.

How about Plugins for Forestry? And why is NEI MystCraft Plugins only in Ultimate when MystCraft is in most of the packs?