Mods that provide ways to move Chests and Crates?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

What mods in 1.10.2 provide ways to move chests and crates and things? I know not enough wands has the moving wand and then there is chest transporter which i seem to be having issues with. I dont know if anyone has run into the issue with chest transporter But anytime I move storage crate from actually additions and then i go to use the actual crate the crate dissapears entirely for me. So I am trying to find out if there is any other options for 1.10.2

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
For storage crates you can put a (I think it's called "storage crate keeper") in it and break the crate, as it will keep its contents

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I've had the chest transporter disappear into a drawer behind the block I was trying to place, but other than that, no issues. I have had the Not Enough Wands mover disappear a couple of items on me, though. Both things seem to come from lag.

For storage drawers, you can use packing tape to let you keep the contents of a drawer when you break it. It should work, but obviously a little bit slower than chest transporters, which I still think is your best option. They're cheap enough to make if you lose one, even if it is annoying. Every time I thought I had lost one, though, I found it in a drawer, in case you have double checked

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I heard somewhere that Gravitygun/Portalgun was being ported for 1.10. I haven't looked to see for myself, or even what shape it's in if it does exist, but if it's out there, it can move the things.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I also believe that the new version of Blood Magic has reintroduced Teleposers, which can move tile entities and keep their info - definitely [citation needed] though.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I heard somewhere that Gravitygun/Portalgun was being ported for 1.10. I haven't looked to see for myself, or even what shape it's in if it does exist, but if it's out there, it can move the things.

It is in game, though I can't comment on the quality yet. And thank you for reminding me that I have nether stars and need to get on it!

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
It is in game, though I can't comment on the quality yet. And thank you for reminding me that I have nether stars and need to get on it!
Aha! I knew I had heard someone was using it, but I didn't want to take wild guesses. I expect a stability report from you if nothing else. ;)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Aha! I knew I had heard someone was using it, but I didn't want to take wild guesses. I expect a stability report from you if nothing else. ;)

Yeah, i just completely forgot I had installed it. I will get on that one immediately. I have the stars just sitting there on a shelf. I need to get on that angel ring, too.

I'll report my findings. I might update it first though, because I installed it literally the day the modder announced it was updated, lol.