mods do not install bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
i have downloaded internet explore which has a save as so i put it in the folder that way and it still auto made a folder in my roaming

Riley949 your issue is one within the options. I am not certain for what reason, but the options seem to carry over between installs and updates.

Solution:
1: Launch the FTB Launcher.
2: Open the "OPTIONS" tab.
3: Where it says "Install folder..." delete it.
4: Create a new folder on your desktop and name it "FTB".
5: Press the "..." button to the right of the text input area(it blends in with the background a bit, but it is there).
6: Navigate to your desktop.
7: Select the folder you created.
8: Press the "Open" button.
9: Press the "Force Update?" button.
10: Open the "MODPACKS" tab.
11: Select the modpack you wish to play.
12: Press the "Launch" button at the bottom right of the launcher.

Riley949

Jul 29, 2019
AnalyticsBackgroundThread started FTBLaunch starting up (version 1.2.2) Java version: 1.7.0_11 Java vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 Java specification: Java Virtual Machine Specification version: 1.7 by Oracle Corporation Java vm: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM version: 23.6-b04 by Oracle Corporation OS: x86 Windows 7 6.1 Could not save style: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\rhiser\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\launcher_styles\defaultStyle.cfg (The system cannot find the path specified) [i18n] Checking for updates ... [i18n] enUS English language file loaded! [i18n] remoteVer = 10 [i18n] Downloading locale files ... http://www.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/c3d45be9196c1346f4a24ee8f22df051/locales.zip [i18n] Moving files into place ... [i18n] Fallback enUS loaded
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] Added 1 cyGB to options pane
[i18n] Added 2 daDK to options pane
[i18n] Added 3 deDE to options pane
[i18n] Added 4 esES to options pane
[i18n] Added 5 frFR to options pane
[i18n] Added 6 itIT to options pane
[i18n] Added 7 maHU to options pane
[i18n] Added 8 nlNL to options pane
[i18n] Added 9 ptBR to options pane
[i18n] Added 10 ptPT to options pane
[i18n] Added 11 ruRU to options pane
[i18n] Added 12 svSE to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Adding pack 1
Adding pack 2
Adding pack 3
Adding pack 4
Adding pack 5
Adding pack 6
Adding pack 7
Adding pack 8
Adding pack 9
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
Adding map 1
Adding texture pack 1
Adding map 2
Adding texture pack 2
Adding map 3
Adding texture pack 3
Adding map 4
See its still making one even though i dont even go to my roamig

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be an issue with your FTB settings not getting saved. DO NOT delete the folder it creates in roaming and try again.

Riley949

Jul 29, 2019
do you have a skype and do you still want me to make a folder on desktop or run it through roaming?

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
I do have Skype, but only as a last resort will i Skype you. It will automatically create a folder in roaming in which it will save launcher information. The folder on your desktop is where it will save installed mods, saves, options, etc.

Create the desktop folder, but do not delete the folder it creates in your roaming folder, or the launcher will not know what to do

Riley949

Jul 29, 2019
it still does not want to down load the mod pack and it still says on the console that error

Sphlank

Jul 29, 2019
i'm getting this same issue. Same logs, and when i open the FtB Launcher itself, the "Progress..." Window shows
"Downloading minecraft.."
"Downloading lwjgl.jar"
This is my third time attempting to download my modpack, and I even left one of them overnight... This was after the MindCrack pack was updated to v8.0.1.

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
i'm getting this same issue. Same logs, and when i open the FtB Launcher itself, the "Progress..." Window shows
"Downloading minecraft.."
"Downloading lwjgl.jar"
This is my third time attempting to download my modpack, and I even left one of them overnight... This was after the MindCrack pack was updated to v8.0.1.
Create a new thread with this information:
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again):​
Minecraft Version:​
Java version:​
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:​
Error logs:​
or create a ticket here:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/

Sphlank

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry about reposting, but i was able to fix it. just had to install the JAR version. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.