Modpacks you would like to see created.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
K

katalia1

Hello, I'm kat. Also known as katalia1. I'm always thinking of new modpacks that I would like to see made. I have made one myself but wouldn't have trusted to see someone else play it since I'm not a developer etc..just a common person. What Ideas do you have for a modpack?

I have one I wanted to share in hopes that some game developers will run with the idea and build it in minecraft form. Imagine a world of Giant's. The world starts off inside a large giants home. Everything in the house is a hundred times your size. There's no digging below the ground for ore's, instead you must steal them from area's around the house like the garage inside a car, or the kitchen below the sink. Imagine all you need for survival is found somewhere inside the home. Tree that give saps found in potted plants. Maybe you need a way to get water running from a faucet but first you must climb to get there. Odds and ends found in drawers etc. Food found in the kitchen or the garden in the rear of the house. You get my drift no ordinary minecraft survival. There is plenty to find but you must scour the house to find what you need. You may chop a wood banister for wood etc. Your objective is to build your own community, your own village living for others your size but within a safe area you have made somewhere inside the giants house. Don't let him find you! If your caught and you aren't prepared for battle, a giant is a very hard thing to kill with your tiny compared to him weapons. For instance a gun might only be like a bb gun to him. So the pack is also progressive. Not easy to get armored and weapons maybe. Maybe the end game is letting yourself be caught so that you and your friends can fight the giant or maybe even a few giants all at once. I think the regular mc mobs should be here and there around the house as well. Maybe a giant dog or cat etc. If you don't want to fight a giant etc I think you should have the option to chose yes or no and then just build a place to survive for your whole family. I'm sure I forgot to mention some things but my main focus was that nothing would be as normal minecraft other then maybe the mobs as far as gathering goes and instead of fighting a dragon end game you have the choice to fight a giant. No going outside the house either. Everything you need would be inside the house, garage, attic or basement. You would need ropes and ladders to get around and don't get caught or game over. What do you think? Is this possible? I believe so. Maybe can even make an hqm with it or no what do you think on that?

K

katalia1

Have a second idea too. I would love to see a old time city in ruins from the 1920's maybe but huge and our job in the pack would be to fix it back to a city of beauty and modernize it or bring it back to its antique look. If you see a tavern build a new one for example. Maybe the pack will be a more modern city with homes and a downtown in ruins from war or something. You spawn in a massive city with everything in ruins and nature has taken over. Your job is to replenish the city to a city of modern beauty and have all that's necessary for people to live. This means fixing up and modernizing the buildings, homes, fire department, gas stations, farms. The city is massive and will take you at least a month of steady work with friends to repair it or maybe several months if you are working alone. Modded definitely since you would need factories also. Yes I know, factories can be built in vanilla using redstone but I want modded tech. What do you think on this? I'm unable to create such a map with a modpack to go with it. What would be your ideas?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Your first idea sounds like it would fit better in an Adventure Mode setting than a Survival world. The largest issue that exists for both your ideas here is the reliance on a large custom map, which somebody would have to build and test thoroughly for glitches, cheats, and balance. This is not a small task, even given a team of Creative Mode builders. Don't get me wrong, I think these ideas have merit, and they would be a fun distraction from the norm, but I think the majority of the community thrives on being the engineer who designs and builds the world to their whim. The amount of time and effort needed for making the maps would be mind blowing.

One man's opinion.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Double post, I know, but I felt the reply deserved its own post, and it was long enough as is.

I would enjoy seeing an official Kingdom Creator pack, with progression from tier to tier and challenges to conquer along the way. A number of packs have been started for the Refugee to Reagent Challenge and similar, but all the fruit has died on the vine. A number of people have made custom packs for this style of challenge, but they remain private packs, and most change with the whim of the creator. An official pack would better allow group play and active community problem solving.

Reactions: DireChyymeras

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see all the old universal electricity mods revived I feel like if the power system was rebalanced they would fit really well with other mods. AE2 and a nuclear reactor mod(not big reactors.) Maybe rotarycraft mods or nuclearcraft. No power suites this time though. I really miss ICBM :(

K

katalia1

Your first idea sounds like it would fit better in an Adventure Mode setting than a Survival world. The largest issue that exists for both your ideas here is the reliance on a large custom map, which somebody would have to build and test thoroughly for glitches, cheats, and balance. This is not a small task, even given a team of Creative Mode builders. Don't get me wrong, I think these ideas have merit, and they would be a fun distraction from the norm, but I think the majority of the community thrives on being the engineer who designs and builds the world to their whim. The amount of time and effort needed for making the maps would be mind blowing.

One man's opinion.
True it would take a huge amount of work to create the giants house and etc. of course. I am a dreamer I know. As far as it being adventure I guess it could be both adventure and survival but I purely wanted it as a survival pack. The idea for me is to create my own working town hidden inside a giants house, wandering around stealing the supplies I need to survive and having a hidden base to build my town within the walls or where ever hidden I chose to be. In adventure mode you can't break blocks. I want the freedom in the game to break whatever I want to steal. In my fantasy the giant would become angrier and angrier seeing his home broken up and his pets would be after me as well. Like I said I'm a dreamer. I didn't ever see this coming into play in minecraft but loved the idea anyway. Who knows maybe it will become a game after all if not in minecraft maybe totally seperate it's own game. I wish I was a coder, developer, programmer genius instead I can only dream.

K

katalia1

Double post, I know, but I felt the reply deserved its own post, and it was long enough as is.

I would enjoy seeing an official Kingdom Creator pack, with progression from tier to tier and challenges to conquer along the way. A number of packs have been started for the Refugee to Reagent Challenge and similar, but all the fruit has died on the vine. A number of people have made custom packs for this style of challenge, but they remain private packs, and most change with the whim of the creator. An official pack would better allow group play and active community problem solving.
I love that idea too, the closest thing I have ever played in the tier aspect is ftb departed. Love that pack.

K

katalia1

I would like to see all the old universal electricity mods revived I feel like if the power system was rebalanced they would fit really well with other mods. AE2 and a nuclear reactor mod(not big reactors.) Maybe rotarycraft mods or nuclearcraft. No power suites this time though. I really miss ICBM :(
That sounds good.