Modpacks take forever to load, then stop responding when trying to join server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

Belgium_Btw

Ok so me and my buddies wanted to play FTB ultimate reloaded, we got a server but now it seems i can not even play the modpack?
It shouldn't be my specs cause i was able to play modpacks in the past (it's been ~2 years)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20Ghz 2.20Ghz
installed memory (ram): 16.0GB (15.7GB usable)
system type: 64-Bit Operatingsystem, x64-based processor

It takes roughly 15-20 minutes to load texture mipmaps then once finally loaded up when i try to join the server it starts not responding, my friends see me connect to the server though. After ~15 minutes of it not responding i usually get some noises like a zombie noise or me getting hit noise but it stays on the dirt loading screen and starts not responding again.

I am tried running from twitch client which didn't work and now also tried multiMC which is not working, i have 6GB min allocated and 8GB Max, i've tried several things like changing the environment variables, i have 64 bit java JRE installed in my C:\ drive same with the launcher (this is my SSD) and i've selected (what i think is) the right java on my multiMC

i'll try getting a log right now but seeing as it takes about 20-30 mins to even load up the mod pack (and thats after already having it loaded up once) it'll take a while.

Any thoughts?
edit: here are some screenshots of my client, task manager and cpu temps:
mcandtask.png
perftask.png
tempcpu.png
fullclient.png

edit2: I just heard slime noises for about a second ( i chose superflat world) after about 17 minutes of trying to load into the world. It did not load me into the world and im still on the same not responding dirt screen

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
B

Belgium_Btw

Can't add any links to pastebins of the logs for some reason, i think i need admin permission for that.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Make sure to use the Nvidia instead of the Intel GPU.

And is that your actual CPU temp that's showing above - if yes, perhaps you should look into better cooling as well.