Windows .exe Modpacks not Downloading

Maackenzie Steele

Jul 29, 2019
I think it my be a connection problem. Hear is the debug.

Error making tracking request: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
Error writing to server: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
Connection reset: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
[i18n] Checking for updates ...
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
C:\Program Files (x86)\FTBLauncherLog.txt (Access is denied): java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\FTBLauncherLog.txt (Access is denied)
[i18n] Added 0 enUS to options pane
[i18n] enUS English language file loaded!
Failed to load modpacks, loading from backup: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
Loading modpack information for modpacks.xml...
Failed to read modpack file - falling back to direct download: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Steele\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\modpacks.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Completely unable to download the modpack file - check your connection: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
loading map information...
loading texture pack information...
[i18n] Could not retrieve version info, skipping update.: java.io.IOException: Error writing to server

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that you are trying to run the launcher from inside the Program Files folder. That will cause a lot of problems including the one you are experiencing now. Follow this recommended setup guide. If after following that guide you are still experieincing problems please click on the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button, this will add a link to the bottom of the log. You provide us with that link so we can read your log from there. Look here so your log does not get deleted.