Modpacks Don't Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaistau

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently trying to launch Direwolf20 1.6.4 Pack, when I press the launch button it launches minecraft, then after loading the mods, it closes back to desktop/FTB Launcher.
Pastebin Console Log: http://pastebin.com/wVAncWRB

Edit: Windows 8.1 x64
Java 7u45 x64

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Please do not bump threads. If you are going to bump at least provide more information like a pastebin.com copy of this file.
C:\Users\Crystal\Desktop\FTB\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-01-09_14.43.23-client.txt

Kaistau

Jul 29, 2019
from the console log:

Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 4096
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512M

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
This below will remove the xmx from being passed by windows. The launcher already provides it and so did windows that is why you are getting this error assuming you used the launcher and not the server version.
Greg, go to windows control panel > programs > java
and remove -Xmx512m from the _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Sorry I just tried it and it does not work. Give me a second to get the correct instructions.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
This is using windows 7, but should help for windows 8. I'm not finding a guide for windows 8 sorry. All I find are files and references to windows with no version number or windows 7.

Right click on My Computer, or Computer if you use the start menu. Choose Properties. Choose Advanced system settings. Enter an admin password and click yes.This should open the System Properties in the Advanced tab, if not select it. Now choose Environmental Variables... In the second scroll box find JAVA_OPTS choose it and click on the Edit... button. Now remove any reference to -xmx namely -xmx512. You probably should remove it all though.

Edit: I believe if you run as an admin you should be able to change the variables the first way in the Java tab. Clicking on the view button, but I would need to log off and on again using an admin account to try it.

Mod note: I apologize for the double post if there is any, but I wanted to make sure that Kaitsau knew, was alerted, that I updated with the new instructions. Thanks.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I do not pretend to understand the arguments, but it might have.

Edit: Sorry that made me sound pretty computer illiterate. I just have not sat down to read what they all do and tested them as much as Eyamaz has.

Last edited:

Kaistau

Jul 29, 2019
seems like it, i believe -xmx refers to max therefore -xmx512m would limit it to 512mb.
but anyway, it worked, thank you very much.

Reactions: lavarthan

Kaistau

Jul 29, 2019
ok, so it worked once and isn't working again.
Here's the new Reports.
Crash report: http://pastebin.com/u6c3WNCM
Console Log: http://pastebin.com/cU1TYdd9

It seems to have something to do with ChickenChunks, it works after taking it out, but I don't want to have to be disabling Mods just for it to Work.

After Removing ChickenChunks, try loading/creating a world, "Caused by" is replaced by the following:
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Crystal\Desktop\FTB\Direwolf20_1_6_4\minecraft\config\NEIServer.cfg (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Full Report Here: http://pastebin.com/ARm62i0b

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
(The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Old and known error. Your antivirus program is being over zealous in its protection. Add the folder 'C:\Users\Crystal\Desktop\FTB' to the exclusion list of your antivirus program. Be sure to check any box that says 'include sub-folders'

Status
Not open for further replies.