Modpack will not load from launcher

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
A

Aquillus

I installed the FTB stoneblock 2 mod pack from twitch. However whenever I attempt to run the game I receive this message:

Name: kn_in.lang
URL: https://resources.download.minecraft.net/62/62ffbae55a2d1068caef3dae4f4b23069419cfc4
Error details: Attempting to move successful download to C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\assets\objects\62\62ffbae55a2d1068caef3dae4f4b23069419cfc4 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Filename on disk: c154-1a97-f1c6-d3d1
Path: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\c154-1a97-f1c6-d3d1
Exists: file

This error repeats itself with multiple instances of files, seemingly a new one every time I hit play. I have tried shutting down and restarting twitch, mine craft, and my own computer as well as uninstalling / deleting and reinstalling the game files. These haven't worked for me and I have tried to do other things such as firewall manipulation and installing other twitch mod packs in order to determine if it was a source thing (which it ultimately was not).

Long story short, I'm hardcore stuck and would love some help in getting this to work.
Thank you

A

Aquillus

I was able to get the pack to work by smap clicking play until all of the files were loaded. Im not sure if this is a good way to secure it working in the longrun.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Another process using that file, most likely a Antivirus software.

Are you using Bytefence - if yes, remove that.

If no, make sure to whitelist/add to exception the game folder + java for the antivirus you're running.