Modpack updates

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

fps_master91

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just a quick few questions about updates. The modpack developments are running super slow, all of the mods in these packs are well over 1.6.4 and some into 1.7 just wondering when will these packs such as Unleashed (don't see the point in the Direpack) will get some well needed updates? Or are you guys waiting till the dust of 1.7 to settle before updating? obviously you can't keep it in 1.5.2. In the meanwhile I'm playing the Technic version of Unleashed in 1.6.4, but can't wait for FTB to catch up. Take care guys.

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just a quick few questions about updates. The modpack developments are running super slow, all of the mods in these packs are well over 1.6.4 and some into 1.7 just wondering when will these packs such as Unleashed (don't see the point in the Direpack) will get some well needed updates? Or are you guys waiting till the dust of 1.7 to settle before updating? obviously you can't keep it in 1.5.2. In the meanwhile I'm playing the Technic version of Unleashed in 1.6.4, but can't wait for FTB to catch up. Take care guys.

what is their version called? i'm interested in playing 1.6 but too damn lazy to sort out the configs on my own pack

fps_master91

Jul 29, 2019
I went back to the page to get you a link and it seems to of been pulled but i moved onto one called Treeit, so far as i can tell all it's missing is barrels and dartcraft i think.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack developments are running super slow,
They'll be released when they're done. If not released, then not done.
all of the mods in these packs are well over 1.6.4
No.
all of the mods in these packs are well over 1.6.4 and some into 1.7
Really now? Forge does not even have a dev release for 1.7. I highly doubt there are mods from FTB packs that are released for 1.7. Source please.

Please see the policy on ETA's, found here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/pages/rules/

It reads: Our policy on ETA's:
The only ETA for any pack releases or projects that we are working on that are not explicitly said to be complete is that they will be released when they are ready. Any ETA other than this that you get from anyone within FTB is purely speculation and should not be taken as fact.

Yours is just another in a long list of people asking for a release date.

Matthew Rivas

Jul 29, 2019
They'll be released when they're done. If not released, then not done.

No.

Really now? Forge does not even have a dev release for 1.7. I highly doubt there are mods from FTB packs that are released for 1.7. Source please.

Please see the policy on ETA's, found here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/pages/rules/

It reads: Our policy on ETA's:

Yours is just another in a long list of people asking for a release date.
Seriously tho. They could at least release something small in the meant time, or give more updates on what's happening. I don't see them keeping up with the site or FTB. Last piece of news from them was Oct 2. More then a month ago. It wasn't even about FTB, it was about the store.... I ain't meaning to sound pushy...but it's been quite a bit of time since anything major happens. I myself got tired of the old versions of stuff on packs. Really eager to see something new.

Reactions: Rafael F.D. Freitas

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously tho. They could at least release something small in the meant time, or give more updates on what's happening. I don't see them keeping up with the site or FTB. Last piece of news from them was Oct 2. More then a month ago. It wasn't even about FTB, it was about the store.... I ain't meaning to sound pushy...but it's been quite a bit of time since anything major happens. I myself got tired of the old versions of stuff on packs. Really eager to see something new.

I've heard other people complain about the latest news on the forum being about the store and not the modpacks. to those people I say, this forum is about FTB, not just the modpacks, so deal with it. the store will be another step forward for FTB to become bigger as it is now. as for the modpacks, people really should stop thinking it's so easy to create a modpack. anyone can put together a modlist, the most common problem would be an ID conflict, but a modpack, that's a whole friggin different story. they need to put together a modlist of mods that go well together, configure every single configuration file to have it all balanced, and they need to make it so the modpack runs on anyone's computer. really, it's not that easy to just release a small modpack on the side. and ofcourse how would you expect FTB to release a small modpack if the launcher isn't ready for 1.6 yet?

if you can't wait, then learn how to put together a modlist yourself just like everyone else and keep yourself busy with that. don't feel like doing that or you don't know how to do that? then just keep playing the current released modpacks.

but enough of this
/endrant

Reactions: Jadedcat

Matthew Rivas

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently it's not so hard, my friend was putting a hardcore modpack together. I'm mean real hardcore. Not no gregtech. But hardcore survival. It took him 2-3 weeks to put together. I helped him get all the permissions to put the pack together. We even had some help from a IguanaMan(maker of Iguanas Tweaks for Tinkers construct). We didn't have very much trouble. We fixed ID conflicts, put mods that balance each one an other out. The pack would been so cool. Would have been on the FTB launcher if my friend didn't have money issues and couldn't afford his internet anymore. :C I get were you going at Yusunoha. But the shop has even been talked about in a month+ either. So it kinda seems like there not doing anything. I'm just trying to say, that they should try to find a way to give info or entertain us in some way or form. Instead of not saying something for a month. I'm not make a plea that they have to make a modpack instantly. I'm patient as I ever have been, it just really seems like they're doing nothing. Which I know ain't true. I watch DireWolf20 everyday! I get to listen to them all and see the millions of new mods. They just need to keep the community informed or entertained in some way. :)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Here's your update: We're working on it.

Apparently it's not so hard, my friend was putting a hardcore modpack together. I'm mean real hardcore. Not no gregtech. But hardcore survival. It took him 2-3 weeks to put together. I helped him get all the permissions to put the pack together. We even had some help from a IguanaMan(maker of Iguanas Tweaks for Tinkers construct). We didn't have very much trouble. We fixed ID conflicts, put mods that balance each one an other out. The pack would been so cool. Would have been on the FTB launcher if my friend didn't have money issues and couldn't afford his internet anymore. :C I get were you going at Yusunoha. But the shop has even been talked about in a month+ either. So it kinda seems like there not doing anything. I'm just trying to say, that they should try to find a way to give info or entertain us in some way or form. Instead of not saying something for a month. I'm not make a plea that they have to make a modpack instantly. I'm patient as I ever have been, it just really seems like they're doing nothing. Which I know ain't true. I watch DireWolf20 everyday! I get to listen to them all and see the millions of new mods. They just need to keep the community informed or entertained in some way. :)
You're right, it's not hard. The hard part is making it user-proof. Has your friends mod pack been distributed to thousands of people? Bet they'd find ways to break it really quickly.

Also, if you check everyone's twitter accounts, you'd have a better idea of little bits of info.
It takes A LOT of time out of our working to post "we did x this week" end of post.

Matthew Rivas

Jul 29, 2019
I highly doubt they would break it, it's for hardcore survival. Be to hard for them to get anywhere You'd have to be a dedicated player of Hardcore. It wasn't really meant for servers. Also I have almost all of them on twitter ;), just why have a new section if you're not going to use it. And it doesn't really take long to post anything. You ain't dedicated to something if you can't take time out of your life to let people know what's going on.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I highly doubt they would break it, it's for hardcore survival. Be to hard for them to get anywhere You'd have to be a dedicated player of Hardcore. It wasn't really meant for servers. Also I have almost all of them on twitter ;), just why have a new section if you're not going to use it. And it doesn't really take long to post anything. You ain't dedicated to something if you can't take time out of your life to let people know what's going on.
I tried this exact argument once. Then I tried to actually post regularly about what I was working on with Tech Support. It doesn't work, it is hard, and no one was reading it because the postings didn't have the content everyone was looking for.

Matthew Rivas

Jul 29, 2019
I tried this exact argument once. Then I tried to actually post regularly about what I was working on with Tech Support. It doesn't work, it is hard, and no one was reading it because the postings didn't have the content everyone was looking for.
That's there lost. I for one love to get as much info as I can. :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
there's only so much that they could report everytime, and I imagine everytime they would post an update, they'd be flooded with people asking all kinds of questions not even related to the post. something people also often forget is that FTB is done by people who do it in their free time. being on the FTB crew isn't their main job, they have their own lives, their own jobs and their own personal lives, any extra time that they may have will be spend on FTB.

they could make a post every week saying what's going on, but it'd only almost be a simple repost from last week's post.
something that FTB could do in my opinion is make a seperate page that is linked to the twitter pages from other FTB crew members, and highlight twitter posts regarding FTB
that way people still can find updates for what's going on, and the FTB crew members not getting flooded by people asking questions

zartine

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that the are updating everyday but why not release a private pack like they did with the 1.5.2 packs and if you wanna play you can if you wanna wait for the offical release thats fine too

Status
Not open for further replies.