Modpack Update Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Scrogs63

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
I was kind of curious how the modpack updates are done.

Looking in particular to Infinity and DW20. These packs generally seem to be updated around the same time. Are they managed by the same people? How is it decided what mods get updated to what version? (asking about common, already in the pack mods)

The 1.6.1 Direwolf20 update is behind Infinity 1.8.2 on all of the CoFH mods and several versions behind on Botania

BlockFizix

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that its just done with relation to the update's impact on gameplay, if a mod just gets some bug fixes, that newer version will be updated quickly, however, if a mod gets some changes, like new items or blocks or values, i would think the FTB team tests these changes out to make sure that the gameplay is still balanced, so Direwolf 20 might be behind Infinity because these newer version affect the balance of the mods more on Direwolf 20 than on Infinity, but i don't really know, just my guess.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Dire decides when and how his pack updates. As for Infinity, I don't know how the team decides to handle updates.

Reactions: mattp_12

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Dire has a day job right? He probably has little time to check the latest version of all the mods he uses.
I maintain my own little homebrew pack and keeping it cutting edge can be a difficult annoying task. At least as far as a hobby/passtime goes.
Then again I sm trailing Curse Launcher ATM so it makes finding updates for mods on Curse simple enough.
Just wish it didn't take a bajillion years to start up. Seriously, ive seenn GT packs load up faster then Curse Voice does. Then sometimes you have to Wait 30 seconds for your pack to show up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Scrogs63

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is kind of related, I didn't want to start a new thread.

I am fairly new to DW20 packs so I do not know what happens, now that he ended his current Let's Play season, will the pack continue to be updated or is it essentially done?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Since this is kind of related, I didn't want to start a new thread.

I am fairly new to DW20 packs so I do not know what happens, now that he ended his current Let's Play season, will the pack continue to be updated or is it essentially done?

I don't think it'll be getting anymore updates unless there's a critical world eating bug discovered. I don't know for sure though, so don't take this as an official statement.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I don't think it'll be getting anymore updates unless there's a critical world eating bug discovered. I don't know for sure though, so don't take this as an official statement.

Done already? Damn that was fast... Either that or he's getting tired/bored of it.

To the OP:

If you are playing single player, you could manually update the mods yourself, just make sure you make a backup of your world in case something changes and breaks your base...