Request Modpack descriptions feel insufficient to new hosts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

NonixDark

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! I would like to host a server based on a ftb-modpack for 1.12 but I can't decide on which one. The descriptions on each of the packs sites doesn't give me any real clue what they are all about. They seem to be aimed exclusively at experienced ftb-players, and I'm (sadly) not one of you guys. But I'm very interested in giving it a try!

What I'd like to know is whether a pack is more aimed at at adventurers or builders, tech or magic, one world or many dimensions and so on. I'd like to get an actual picture of what makes each pack so unique. I mean, what is Direwolf? I have no idea what makes it a standout pack, more than It's based on a certain players adventures.

Also, I'd really like to add Galacticraft to the modpack I choose. Are there any compatibility issues, more than different spawns of ores (which, in my experience still work well together. As far as I know galacticraft copper works with Thermal Dynamics, and vice verse, if there's a certain mod or config included)?

I want a server with great emphasis on travels, exploration, adventuring and questing aswell as alot of options when it comes to building, decoration and industry.

What do you recommend and why?

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I'd recommend Enigmatica 2, the normal, non-expert version. It's a pretty varied kitchensink modpack, and has quests in case you get stuck on what to do.
Most of the recent FTB packs are kitchensink packs, which don't really have a theme that makes them unique. However, Continuum is a tech focused expert pack.

Regarding adding Galacticraft, you probably can add it just fine. Just be sure to launch the game once, and disable all of the standard ores, because most packs generate them already. (And duplicate ores are just annoying)

Reactions: NonixDark