Modjam Mods That Look Promising

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Modjam usually ends up giving us, the players, some pretty sweet mods. At the least the competition gives us a mod or two that's pretty useful and adopted by many packs. Translocators I believe, came from a modjam. I was browsing some modjam stuff since I can't really play at the moment and I ran across this mod, Exoskeleton. It caught my mind because it reminded me of EXO Squad. The MCF post was shiny and well laid out which impressed me. Until there's something to download its mere speculation but its looking good.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2194741-exo-fully-customizable-armor/#entry26870689

Has anyone seen any other mods that look good on the current modjam horizon?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, I personally don't like it that much. It seems too much like the Power armor we already have.

I'm sure that we'll get another awesome mod though. I hope to see something like a pair of goggles that can change between several sight modes.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Modjam is over. Any mods not completed now are not entered, although mods can still be updated outside of the Modjam time, just the initial creation time is limited to Modjam.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I the wha how .... seriously WTF??

iChun has created something weird as hell that looks like a lot of fun again.

This, word for word, describes every mod iChun has made. Ever. :D Whether it's getting portal guns working in Minecraft, or the frolicking insanity that is Trail Mix, or even the one that gives you hats. Why? Because HATS.

Sync looks to be a very fun mod to use on Hardcore difficulty. It allows you, through personal effort in legit survival play under the most difficult conditions, to get around the limitation of having only one life.

Also, of course, any EVE Online player will feel right at home. Jumpclones ho! :p

Bladgrim

Jul 29, 2019
Clearly, after looking at only three of the entries, the most useful mod completed in Modjam 3 would have to be VSWE's Steve's Factory Manager. This looks like a very powerful yet lightweight mod, and I think it could comfortably fit within most current modpacks.

Reactions: Cirom

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
These look like seriously impressive mods. Sync looks like it could be great for people wanting to dabble in both magic and tech (have a tech clone or magic clone).

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
The mods all look very well thought out.
Sorry, but I think I will have to repost that image from the second post of the Exo suit mod thread (and if someone knows how to resize it using tags, please tell me):

happy-lesquee-l.png

Last edited:

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
The mods all look very well thought out.
Sorry, but I think I will have to repost that image from the second post of the Exo suit mod thread (and if someone knows how to resize it using tags, please tell me):
[REDACTED]

Just put it in spoilers. There is an image size limit last I checked.

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
The only unfortunately issue with EXO is that it wasn't completed for ModJam. The other dev Cyanide had working on it has mysteriously vanished, so I'm taking their place. However the code is, fun, to dig through, so it'll take some time for this to actually get released.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
The thing that I really don't like about modjam is that if a mod doesn't win, it doesn't get updated later. Even if it's a good mod.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Not true for this. I'm working on it right now. ;)
Well not that mod specifically, but other mods that are good but don't get quite as much attention. Like VSWE's mod. It looks cool but it hasn't gotten all that much press so I don't expect it to make it past 1.6.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Well not that mod specifically, but other mods that are good but don't get quite as much attention. Like VSWE's mod. It looks cool but it hasn't gotten all that much press so I don't expect it to make it past 1.6.
I was watching his video about that Factory Manager of his. I have to admit, while it looks super complicated, it also seems like a hell of a useful mod. I would really love to see it get used / updated / lime green after ModJam.

Does anyone know if Pneumaticraft was a product of ModJam also, or just coincidental timing?