Modern Skyblock 2 server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Ran42

Apr 1, 2020
So i opened a modern skyblock 2 server for me and my friend to play on and while i can join when he joins he is in the game for like 5 seconds and cant move or see anything and then he get timed out.
this is the console-
Code:
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO]: name joined the game
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [journeymap]: name joining dimension 0
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: SMP: Player logged in: Sync diminfo to clients
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: Send dimlet rules to the client
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: Rules packet size: 5785 of 8192
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [Silent's Gems]: Recalculating tool and armor stats for name
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [Actually Additions]: Sending Player Data to player name with UUID 46003356-f857-4d2c-9abf-2a7050006869.
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [Mekanism]: Sent config to 'name.'
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [journeymap]: Sending log in packet.
[14:00:16] [Server thread/INFO] [Astral Sorcery]: [AstralSorcery] Synchronizing configuration to name
[14:00:16] [Thread-3344/INFO] [chancecubes]: No custom rewards detected for the current user!
[14:00:31] [Server thread/INFO]: name lost connection: Timed out
[14:00:31] [Server thread/INFO]: name left the game
Some stuff we did-

me-
opened a port on my router and confirmed here https://www.canyouseeme.org/ that its open
opened the server up and confirmed here https://mcsrvstat.us/ that it open
disabled my antivirus
disabled my firewall

my friend-
opened a port on his router
disabled his antivirus
disabled his firewall

this is the launch file i use to run the server-
Code:
@echo off
java -Xmx5G -Xms2G -Dfml.readTimeout=512 -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.1.2590-universal.jar nogui
pause

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
modern skyblock 2
That's not a FTB pack, you should seek support from the mod pack creator.

my friend-
opened a port on his router
disabled his firewall
That is not needed if it's outgoing (unless someone blocked on purpose, defaults for home networks - and a lot of others - is to allow outgoing traffic)

Overall - disable antivirus and firewalls is never a good idéa - not for server or client - especial for antivirus, you need to create exceptions if it's a 3rd party firewall. Even if it's disabled, it can still interfere with traffic.

Parts of a log doesn't help you out in any way, there's most likely too much information missing - so when you ask the mod pack creator for support, make sure to share full logs - both from server and client, and use a paste service and share links.

Good luck!

Ran42

Apr 1, 2020
That's not a FTB pack, you should seek support from the mod pack creator.

That is not needed if it's outgoing (unless someone blocked on purpose, defaults for home networks - and a lot of others - is to allow outgoing traffic)

Overall - disable antivirus and firewalls is never a good idéa - not for server or client - especial for antivirus, you need to create exceptions if it's a 3rd party firewall. Even if it's disabled, it can still interfere with traffic.

Parts of a log doesn't help you out in any way, there's most likely too much information missing - so when you ask the mod pack creator for support, make sure to share full logs - both from server and client, and use a paste service and share links.

Good luck!
Ok thanks