Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
270. I probably would go back and try it, but JEI is so much better than NEI that it's a big enough issue for me to not want to use it no matter what.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
274. I honestly think we’re in a slightly odd but quite lucky situation in that it’s still entirely viable to play with 1.7 - people are still making modpacks for it even now! - but there’s also lots out there for 1.10 and an increasing amount for 1.12 as well. We have an abundance of choice.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
275 I think the big thing is that 1.7.10 was out for so long, and even once 1.8 came out modding for it wasn't easy so it didn't happen. It's kind of like the whole 1.2.5 thing where it was the standard for so long that there are a lot of mods for it, and several that never moved on. Even with more versions that have mods, 1.7.10 is still a good choice since it still has the most mods that are fully matured.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
276. Definitely! I recently played Regrowth, which has been around for donkey's years, and I'm now playing a new 1.7.10 pack that's still in... I guess beta? Maybe alpha? Its already had a load of work put in either way, and its fun.

But, I also really like many of the accumulated changes that 1.12 has collected since, and I love a lot of the mods that are around for it now, so 1.12 is also very viable to me - I think Forever Stranded: Lost Souls is one of the most original and novel packs I've seen, and I don't know if a lot of that would be possible in earlier versions!

People talk about the golden age of 1.7 - I think we're in a golden age right now! Because we can pick and choose from a huge range, and 1.7 stuff may not be updated anymore for the most part, but it is (in most cases) in such a good state that it doesn't need it!

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
277 We're in a good state, but what I think is meant by the golden age of 1.7, and 1.2.5, is that everything was on one version, so you could put anything you wanted together and have no issues.