Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
178. I had to sit through an hour documentary about some people from Wales trying the South Korean school system. I then had to listen to the teachers ramble on for two hours about how we need to work harder and the whole schtick. I already work as hard as I can. I really wish I could be exempted from such things...

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
181. And they also tell us to start studying for our IGCSEs already. Yes, they are important. Yes, they are hard. But studying 5 months in advance does not help.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
185. Man, I wish I’d been like that. I remember studying a particularly tough chemistry concept (I think it was to do with zeta potential and colloids) and I just hadn’t got it in the lecture. Then finally, after hours in the library, something clicked.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
192. They are :D just watched the first post-mid-season-break episode of Star Trek: Discovery, and boy did that go in a direction I didn’t expect - in a really good way!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
193: I saw this advertised... Worth watching? I was a TNG fan back in the day
Hmm. If you were a fan of TNG (much as I am), I’d actually suggest watching The Orville over Discovery - that captures the feel of Trek much better for the most part. Discovery is different, but has its own charms - it is a bit like the Stargate Universe of Trek series, which to me is a good thing. But yeah; I’d recommend it. I’d recommend The Orville even more, that’s bloody brilliant :D

Reactions: Closet Gamer
C

Closet Gamer

Hmm. If you were a fan of TNG (much as I am), I’d actually suggest watching The Orville over Discovery - that captures the feel of Trek much better for the most part. Discovery is different, but has its own charms - it is a bit like the Stargate Universe of Trek series, which to me is a good thing. But yeah; I’d recommend it. I’d recommend The Orville even more, that’s bloody brilliant :D
195 given we agree on pretty much every topic I've seen I'll trust your advice and give it a shot ;) cheer dude

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
196. Excellent :D I've got a friend who's a die-hard TNG fan, and she just can't go with the changes made to certain things in Discovery; I'm a bit more flexible in my fandom, so I can accept it. Plus with this most recent episode feeling much more tied into Trek canon, that's really helped.

Reactions: Closet Gamer