Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
73 I do enjoy winter camping sometimes. The last time I went (a few years ago now) my scout troop had a massive snowball fight in the afternoon and it was awesome. As well as sledding down some very steep hills.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
74 snowball fights rock. Me and a couple of buddies used to make a hill near us ice and go sledding down it... in hind sight? That may not have been the smartest plan

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
75 I used to take a foam sled and try to go down my hill standing up on it. My mom tried to make me wear a helmet. I didn't of course.

Anyway it was a pretty awesome feeling to make it all the way to the bottom of the hill without falling off, especially after I went over a jump I made.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
78 We don't get a whole lot of snow here- more than some areas, but not nearly as much as, say, Boston- but we usually get a couple of storms that dump enough snow to sled on each winter. Seems like it was more when I was younger than it has been the past few years- whether that's because global warming or my brain being a derp, I do not know. Probably some of both.

It also doesn't help that I was at college last winter, in a warmer climate and a lower elevation. We got like two inches of snow once last winter. There was a big snowball fight spanning most of campus at about midnight.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
79 awesome. Me and my son went out and built so many snowmen it was ridiculous. They all died horrible deaths in the hands of a "t-Rex" also known as my son

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
80 When I was really young I would build giant Duplo (giant legos for those who don't know) towers in my room with my dad. They usually didn't last the night.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
82 Well, I remember trying not to destroy them right in front of my dad.

But yeah, they usually didn't last ten minutes after he put me to bed.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
85 nothing gets past my 5yo.... he knew we had gotten him a tortoise for his birthday. A MONTH before we have it to him. We had it hidden in a place in the house he can't go but the adults do.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
88 for future reference on where to hide stuff from kids..

we were let inside our parents room.. my mom had to be super crafty...even i now don't know where everything is.

And no i wasn't thinking what you were thinking until you thought about it.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
89 Yeah, I too was in my parents room. I honestly don't know where there was in the house to hide stuff from me as a kid.