Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
2 how do you do dat?

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
2 how do you do dat?

Sent from an iPod 65, illegally talked about because of partnership. iPod 65 teleports through years like Back to the Past (Sequel to Back to the Future except in 2096).
I think Gideon typed up the post with a ping, sent it, then immediately edited it out. I didn't see him edit it, of course, but that's the only way I can figure it could've happened.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
5 Clicking on the alert I received (the one saying Gideon pung you on the mods thread!) took me to a post that Gideon posted on this very thread sometime since the last time I had looked at it. I think if the post had been deleted, that wouldn't have happened- it would have probably taken me to a 404 page.

Also, after a few posts of me questioning my own sanity, he posted a screenshot showing the quick reply box containing the BBCode for a Someone Else 37 ping, yet when I later saw the post, there was no ping.

I've also seen other forumgoers (*cough* @sgbros1) do things like the contents of those parentheses, where they post what looks like a ping (usually a moderator), but when you click on it, it goes to a random alt. As far as I know, this can be done by posting a regular ping to the random alt (as I've done here), then editing the post to change the text that appears in the link; or by memorizing the appropriate BBCode and the user ID of the actual account you want to ping.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2 yes, but some people that will abuse it may only know of it since SE mentioned it. I even have a specific user in mind that may end up doing it, though I am not going to call names :)

Reactions: Padfoote