Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
69. Thank goodness for small mercies, I only work during the week. But, I've got an appointment with my bank tomorrow, who want me to "come in for a little chat". Needless to say, I'm tense, antsy and generally of out of sorts, as I always am when I'm feeling stressed.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
:: What have you done now, sir
= I paid for my groceries with cash
:: Next time use your bank card, so we can track what you do with our money.
= Excuse me! "your" money. (ends up for 1 day in jail for being unreasonable)

Just kidding, hope all goes well.
Thanks chap. They say they like to get their customers in once a year to see if the financial products they're currently using are all suitable and if they can offer anything better. Given that I spend most of my time broke, I worry its more going to be a

"we don't think the arrangements you have with us are suitable (i.e. we don't trust you to pay back the overdraft/credit card/loan you have with us [I have all three]) so we want you to pay them all back now. Oh you can't? Bankruptcy it is then."

type of thing. Which scares the hell out of me.

Reactions: ThorinNL

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019

Was once 1 year unemployed (living on my savings rather then holding my hand up at the government [which has some nasty requirements] or parents).
Although loads of freedom, in the end it was not really a wise choice since it took so long to get a job again.

I had to get a loan (luckily paid off 3 years later). Around the same time crashed my car into an other one (thank you black ice [Imgur] ), my parents decided to chip in for a new car (paid them back later too, when my financial situation was stabilized).

I still shudder, how though things can become without "enough" money (and slightly grateful for this experience too).

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

Was once 1 year unemployed (living on my savings rather then holding my hand up at the government [which has some nasty requirements] or parents).
Although loads of freedom, in the end it was not really a wise choice since it took so long to get a job again.

I had to get a loan (luckily paid off 3 years later). Around the same time crashed my car into an other one (thank you black ice [Imgur] ), my parents decided to chip in for a new car (paid them back later too, when my financial situation was stabilized).

I still shudder, how though things can become without "enough" money (and slightly grateful for this experience too).
Yeah, things have been... difficult. We never seem to quite have enough, so we're often needing help from family - who are very good to us - for things. Having children, while it has been wonderful, has meant that there's only been one consistent earner, as my wife has only been able to work intermittently :( getting made redundant and being jobless for 4 months in the middle of that period didn't help. Mind you, neither did moving house to a more expensive area of the country (for family reasons) and getting a job that paid about £3k less than I was earning before!

Reactions: ThorinNL

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
78 meanwhile, I got a new mobile.
To be honest though, it was needed unless you think that having your phone discharge while it is in the charger is normal.
It is also a cheap model, not even 90 euro.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019

meanwhile, I got a new mobile.
To be honest though, it was needed unless you think that having your phone discharge while it is in the charger is normal.
It is also a cheap model, not even 90 euro.

Was it charging through USB or outlet? the latter only works for my mobile at home (not at work thou) I think my USB port got borked.

Heh :) Yeah, they're good kids. Drive me nuts sometimes mind you, but that's the way it goes.

Indeed, as it should be (sorry :oops:) I was no angel either when I was a kid.