Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
73 I dunno... My laptop has a Magsafe port (for power), two Thunderbolt ports, a USB port, a headphone jack, another USB port, an HDMI port, and what appears to be an SD card slot.

That is it. If I want to connect it to, say, Ethernet (because there's no WiFi in my dorm, say), I have to use a fancy Thunderbolt -> Ethernet adapter.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
75 I just realized something. My laptop's case is made of aluminum. Shouldn't that be opaque to the radio waves used by WiFi?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I also forgot to mention it has a headset jack, a microphone jack an sd card slot and one of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExpressCard

It is able to fit all these things on logical places due to the fact that the backside isn't used up by the battery (which is still accessible) and it has plenty of places for hot air to go out. Even one special for the RAM and decent sound volume.

Like, the only bad thing about it is its weight, size and hardware. Which makes it even more sad that it sucks so much as size isn't even always a complaint >_<

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
81 yes, they then also put the battery at the back making sure that EVERY SINGLE CABLE gets in the way.

Look, I understand that ports get removed but please put the battery at the right (as most people are right handed, maybe make left handed versions as well if that would make enough of money) and use the fricking back for frequently used ports like the power thing and put the cd-drive on the left.

This way, nothing gets in the way of the hand that uses the mouse and some ports may even be on places that end up being better in general.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
82 I'm not sure if I can even get at the battery on mine... the entire back is taken up by the hinge. There's also a vent there.

And at any rate, any ports on the back would be very inconvenient for me. The protective case that I put my laptop in when I'm not using it is also hinged like a laptop, so I can just unzip the case and open up the laptop right there. It even has rubber feet on the inside of the bottom for the laptop to sit on to raise it above the bottom of the case so air can flow under it. As a byproduct, it makes the back edge of the laptop entirely inaccessible... which is fine for me, since my old laptop just had the battery there, and this one has nothing at all.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
91 There are exceptions to everyone wanting light thin laptops, which I would imagine most of us here would fall into, as we desire our devices to have some significant processing power.