Moderators: They make you lose count(Longest thread still alive!)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
69 so today/tonight I was using a belt sander to grind down some bolts since they had too much thread for what they were needed for, and let's just say the belt sander decided to eat one.

Twice.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
70 What kind of belt sander are you using? I could see kicking a bolt across the room, but not... eating... one if you're using it in any kind of reasonably sane manner.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
70 What kind of belt sander are you using? I could see kicking a bolt across the room, but not... eating... one if you're using it in any kind of reasonably sane manner.
A vertical belt sander. It rotates down in the front, and if you don't hold something right enough it can get sucked down and screw up the belt.
And I wasn't holding it tight enough.
The sparks were rather spectacular though.
71 what even are belt sanders
They're basically grinders, typically used if you don't have enough of something to cut, but need to shave a little bit off.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
75 I'll go with better than it eating a thumb, which ours has done. The thumb was merely damaged, not destroyed, and the sander was immediately stopped.