Mode that change ore spawning

G

Gambit

Hey there!

Is there a mod that changes ore spawning to a more "realistic" style with very few but very big clunks of one type of ore.

that makes a new type of playing when you have certain areas to mine that type of ore, maybe you need to travel to certain places to search and make a bigger mining facility around the map instead of random mining underground..

I am little tired and bored of the standard mining in Minecraft

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Depending on the version, there is Gregtech 5 which has very large veins, and there is geolosys which also adds large spread out veins. Be aware that gregtech adds a giant complex tech tree as well though.

Reactions: Gambit

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey there!

Is there a mod that changes ore spawning to a more "realistic" style with very few but very big clunks of one type of ore.

that makes a new type of playing when you have certain areas to mine that type of ore, maybe you need to travel to certain places to search and make a bigger mining facility around the map instead of random mining underground..

I am little tired and bored of the standard mining in Minecraft
There are some ore generation mods out there yes. One example is CofH World, which has a very robust generation system, although it can take a while to learn how to use.

Custom Ore Generation also does it although I'm not particularly familiar with that one.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'd second CoFH, having used it without any significant prior knowledge of scripting- the system isn't overly complex to learn if you take it steady.

I would strongly recommend having a syntax checker open to proof your script, and well as using CoFHworlds own command.
(the browser one will also auto-format your script to help keep everything neat and readable).

Gregtech does have a very nice oregen that'll do what your asking for right out the box, but it adds a lot of 'weight' to your pack so unless you're planning on using it- its probably overkill.

Reactions: Gambit and Pyure

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would third CoFH. Notepadd++ (or Notepadqq if you are on Linux) is a simple, lightweight, and very powerful IDE for stuff like this. It'll let you know if you have any dangling brackets and automatically indent as necessary, so quite handy.

It is what I am using right now in a project I am working on, in point of fact.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Another option is Factory0 resources. It doesn't change the ore gen as such, but adds an additional "virtual" ore generation system. You need to scan/prospect to find the resources, then place it's own miners to dig it up. Saves having big holes in your overworld, plus it can be configured for any block or item to be "ore gen" (so yes, if you want to have a rare ore gen of ender pearls, you can configure it that way!).

Latest version also has liquid support.