Modders that have left

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen screenshots from what she has produced, and it seems to be working so far :p

Eh there is a difference between working like a game and a game

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

I could make something that looks exactly like a game take minecraft for an example (no I can't really do this just an example) if I made it in order for it to be a true game people need to have fun with it. Have you ever loaded up a game and expected to not have fun? No because then it wouldn't be a game it would just be a program. Games by definition should be fun and people should enjoy them. Even the saw enjoys his games even if the people he is "playing" with dont. So for raam to make a game it has to be fun and people need to enjoy it. From what I have seen people are already hating on it before its been released.

Sorry just my opinion

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

She has the technical skill to build a working game engine with playable content.

The question lies in her design abilities; how fun is it, and how long will it remain fun for?

Looking at Redpower- she can do some amazing things with code, but Redpower [for me] never stood out as a stand alone mod being 'fun' in its own right, the fun happened with the interaction of other mods to fill the gaps.
If she can fill in those design holes; then she'll be a successful game dev.​

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I could make something that looks exactly like a game take minecraft for an example (no I can't really do this just an example) if I made it in order for it to be a true game people need to have fun with it. Have you ever loaded up a game and expected to not have fun? No because then it wouldn't be a game it would just be a program. Games by definition should be fun and people should enjoy them. Even the saw enjoys his games even if the people he is "playing" with dont. So for raam to make a game it has to be fun and people need to enjoy it. From what I have seen people are already hating on it before its been released.

Sorry just my opinion

Sent From A moving Microwave using Tapatalk 2
They would be the same people that hate on RP2 probably :p

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
When I read this thread part of me wants to cry for our fallen heroes that have served us so well :( Vazkii and cpw come to mind... *insert the lack of forum crying emoticon*

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
However, we must not forget the hordes of new modders coming to the scene.

The question lies in how many are worth their salt.

Didn't KL "leave" modding? As well can we could Powercrystals as one who left?

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
The question lies in how many are worth their salt.

Didn't KL "leave" modding? As well can we could Powercrystals as one who left?

KL is pseudo-gone at least. He said on Reddit he had to pull back due to working on his PhD, and also commented about a month ago something that seemed to indicate he and some others might be working on a new game idea. Hopefully he's not gone for good; he makes good stuff.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No, she did say she was coming back near the end of 1.6's modded "reign"... but no one really cared
Lots of people cared. And lots of people just couldn't resist the temptation to say mean things about people that gave us fantastic free stuff. No wonder modders give up, with this kind of nastiness being thrown around.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam has been gone for years.
She came back for about 2-3 months then saw that Microsoft bought mojang and noped.... Now she is trying to develop her own game

When I read this thread, I was going to type "But Eloraam is back!!" Before I posted however, I went to her Twitter and read it... and that's the reason I didn't post anything. She isn't back at all, pc_assassin hit the nail on the head. And I really can't blame her one bit, but I'm not going to re-hash all my comments on the mysterious MS acquisition which still makes absolutely zero sense to me. A gaming company? Ha! That's funny.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
With all of the Microsoft drama I feel like having a modders left thread was a good idea. Feel free to help me add to this list.
1. Cpw- made FML: left because he didn't want to be involved in anything having to do with Microsoft
2. mDiyo- one of the main people who made tinkers construct: left because he got bored with Minecraft
Mithion- made Ars Magica: idkneed to look up
Death9407- maintainer of the Isabel 2 texture pack
Thats all i can think of right now help is greatly appreciated.
Vazkii- made Thaumic Tinker,Botaina, and a few other misc. mods: left because he got burnt out
Don't get in to a flame war because he/she left.
Edit will add more later
Alblaka- IC2
RichardG- IC2 and a bunch of other stuff
JuiceGrape- BioDynamics, JuiceWares, Explosive Mining
Zenith- Flaxbeard's Steam Power, Recall, Sammiches
ReiFNSK- Reis Minimap, ModloaderMP, Login message, Sound Fix Mod, Old Swamp Biome Colours

Xenophobe. https://twitter.com/x3n0ph0b3x/status/511550289774526464
(This is neither confirmation or denial if he's actually still returning or not.)
Xeno still works on Xeno's Reliquary- I talked to him recently actually, he says that he does most of the content work, while that other person does most of the bug fixing.

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Alblaka- IC2
RichardG- IC2 and a bunch of other stuff
JuiceGrape- BioDynamics, JuiceWares, Explosive Mining
Zenith- Flaxbeard's Steam Power, Recall, Sammiches
ReiFNSK- Reis Minimap, ModloaderMP, Login message, Sound Fix Mod, Old Swamp Biome Colours

Xeno still works on Xeno's Reliquary- I talked to him recently actually, he says that he does most of the content work, while that other person does most of the bug fixing.
He has been livestreaming Reliquary dev

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Many great modders have left, ones that have been here for a while and some not. I respect their decisions and their work. However, with all of this happening there is a lot of new modders entering the scene. I am excited to see what they have to offer.