Modded Server, No modded generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently created a modded server for my friend and I to play on, using Hamachi. The problem is, the server has no modded generation, such as structures, ore gen, etc. Could someone please help?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is forge installed?

Is the map generated before or after the mods are added?

Have you checked your config files?

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Is forge installed?

Is the map generated before or after the mods are added?

Have you checked your config files?
All of the above are true expect the config. I don't know what changes single player and what changes multiplayer generation. It seems to differ. When I am in SP I have the generation. In SMP, no generation

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For SMP, configs on the server side is the one you have to look at, in case you are looking at your SSP configs.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
For SMP, configs on the server side is the one you have to look at, in case you are looking at your SSP configs.
I'm just confused what I have to change and where. In the server folder there is a server properties file. One line says generation settings and it's blank. I'm wondering if that has something to do with it.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Yes mat, if you are running Biomes Oh Plenty that line needs to say =BIOMESOP
We aren't using that mod. There is literally no modded generation. I tried installing the forge server.jar file but I couldn't open it. The command prompt screen flashed for like half a second.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
Aw jeeze I see, sorry. Using a LAN like hamachi is definitely not recommended. It pretty easy to host a server like normal, just download the server version of your pack and port forward the correct ports. Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd provide links.

In specific, what mod pack are you using?

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Aw jeeze I see, sorry. Using a LAN like hamachi is definitely not recommended. It pretty easy to host a server like normal, just download the server version of your pack and port forward the correct ports. Sorry I'm on my phone or I'd provide links.

In specific, what mod pack are you using?
I'm just wondering why I can't open the forge server.jar file.